CC's remains?

Dec 26, 2011
They guard them very carefully at the Faro. Do you really think they'd go to all that trouble and expense if they're not there? :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Back in 1990 I was corresponding with a researcher and DNA expert from California who wanted to do this with the bones here in Santo Domingo. I talked with the authorities (1992 was just around the corner) and suggested that they talked with the Ph D and MD from California.

I was told in no uncertain terms that "the bones of Columbus are here." No more no less.

They are not willing to risk it. It means too much. So they do what Obama does and stonewalls the issue (Fast and Furious???)

One thing is certain. Those who have seen the bones know that only bones from the lower body are in Santo Domingo. No spinal column, ribs, skull or arms... I jokingly tell my students, "we got the butt end and Spain kept the head"

But there is a possible explanation, and perhaps some lucky researcher will find it: In medieval-renaissance times there was a possibility to bury a person in two (or more) places by obtaining a "despensa"...Since the Admiral had expressed a wish to be buried in Santo Domingo, this could well have been done, and there is probably a paper somewhere with this dispensation written on it....At least this would explain the "why"...

Lots of luck trying to get Dom Rep officials to pull off something scientific!!

HB

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I read this awhile ago and it seems as though parSt of his remains are buried in Spain.It would be interesting to
see if parts of his remains are also in the DR.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The title of this post shocked me, I thought something had happened to Dr1's CC!.....:surprised

Softail

Nov 15, 2011
The title of this post shocked me, I thought something had happened to Dr1's CC!.....:surprised

Me too, Mauricio and I was mortified...CC and I got off to a rocky start but I have learned to love him over time and was shocked and saddened to see these headlines.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Me too, Mauricio and I was mortified...CC and I got off to a rocky start but I have learned to love him over time and was shocked and saddened to see these headlines.

Not for more than a few seconds I hope cuz you can wave your mouse over the title and quickly see what the thread is about.