Nello's Carne Selecta

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Many of you know this store for their good meat.

I was there yesterday and was pleased to see Turkey Burgers being offered.

So, just saying that they have a new addition to the product line.

The baby back ribs are fantastic:laugh:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
27 de Febrero and Jose Nunez neighborhood in Sto Domingo, just past Winston Churchill as you enter from the airport side

Just google it - directions are there

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
if you are driving up 27 feb from Churchill towards Nunez,there is a gas station on right,green color....just after that station,turn right...Nellos is on next corner on right.There italian sausage is also great.
bob

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm sure la Senora will appreciate the heightened interest in her family's store.

Yes, Jaguar, they started w/ the sausages.
I think it was her father who started making sausages in his retirement and now the store is somewhat of a landmark.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Went there the other day and was really disappointed with the quality of some of the meat, especially the "spicy" sausage... no flavor what so ever in the regular or spicy.... so much fat in them that we had major flare ups on the grill... didnt like the looks of the work area (hygiene wise) either.

Ive been going to this other place on 27 de febrero just after caonabo, next door to fry and grill, called Brothers.... much better flavor on the meats, (wings, sausages - spicy are amazing- chicken, pork) seasoned and ready for the grill. They also have imported steaks but I havent been able to try those. Prices are about the same but Brothers seems much more hygenic and IMO the quality of the meats is superior to Nellos.