Fresh fish daily at the re-opened supermarket Favorita (ex City Market)

Judith Hogg

Mar 19, 2007
Thank goodness someone has seen that we need to be able to buy decent fresh fish in store, presented well and with a wide choice.

I know we are all waiting for this re-invented supermarket to be able to offer a full range of goods, but in the meantime it is really great to buy fresh fish, or as I also did, frozen fish that has not been injected with so much water to increase its weight.

This must be the first time I have ever sent in compliments for a particular store, but praise where due.

I hope people try out the fish stand and support them, I would hate to lose it in the future!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I went to Favorito yesterday to check it out...it has a very long way to go before I would expect it to survive. Products on the shelves were scarce and not of the same quality as I would purchase (Baldom vs Heinz, for example). I did find a few things because I want to help support local businesses.

Where were the fresh fish? I found a ton of frozen stuff (well, it was supposed to be frozen but it really wasn't exactly frozen). Is the fresh fish where the deli used to be? I walked past that and never looked. Where and what kind of fish?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Just got back from there. The fresh fish bin is right infront of the delli. They had one red snapper and two other fish i did not recognize (one which was cut into small steaks) and that was it.
Shelves still bare.
Counting the days till closing.............................

BObK

Judith Hogg

Mar 19, 2007
They had a problem with the fish fridge one day and the fish was out the back, but before I even asked, someone came out to tell me and showed me one or two fish, ended up with Mero, really good, so sorry about your luck.

Let's keep positive.