Dominican Citizens traveling to BRAZIL

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Hello fellow DR1ers, I want to hear your opinions and let me know how easy do you think it would be to obtain a tourist visa to go to Brazil. I know a visa is required to travel from the USA to Brazil and I think the same is required for Dominican citizens. In any case, I know trying to obtain a visa to leave DR even as a tourist is a nightmare....realistically is this the case as well with Brazil?
I am trying to obtain any information possible. I would have to make a trip to the consulado in RD to ask about this process and how much this visa will cost a Dominican citizen.....sigh
Is it worth it? :ermm:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hello fellow DR1ers, I want to hear your opinions and let me know how easy do you think it would be to obtain a tourist visa to go to Brazil. I know a visa is required to travel from the USA to Brazil and I think the same is required for Dominican citizens. In any case, I know trying to obtain a visa to leave DR even as a tourist is a nightmare....realistically is this the case as well with Brazil?
I am trying to obtain any information possible. I would have to make a trip to the consulado in RD to ask about this process and how much this visa will cost a Dominican citizen.....sigh
Is it worth it? :ermm:

Long no speak. Brazil huh!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RWGRO9KH8Mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>......................

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Long no speak. Brazil huh!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RWGRO9KH8Mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>......................

Hey,

I just played that in another thread,

Residuals, royalties, to paypal??

Last edited:

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Hey Bronxboy! Yeah Brazil is calling! LOL
Hey Tambo! Yes I live in NY, I know what I have to do to obtain a visa. I also wanted to know what it would take a Dominican citizen to travel to Brazil as well. I dont know whether or not a RD citizen needs a tourist visa to be honest with you (you say they do not) I will do further research to make sure. Thanks for the link but I dont see the RD anywhere on there so my guess is they do need a visa?
Now wondering how much the visa would cost....or if its worth it...or if it's realistic for a Dominican citizen to apply and expect to get it...

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
Jalencastro, I live in Rio de Janeiro, I (US citizen) and my wife (DR citizen) had to go thru the same process. Access the BR immigration website and fill out the proper paperwork and the pictures before you go to the embassy in SD (you have to park on the street).

BR may ask for an address and telephone number of someone you know in BR. It took my wife in DR 4 weeks for the entire process to get her visa (visto in portuguese), but check out their site, its been a year since we did it. Boa sorte!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Hello Ducadista and thanks for the heads up and useful information.
Believe it or not my plan is to go to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.
That being said I am sure this will not be an easy process with the number of applicants I am certain will be traveling from all over the world wanting to go to Brazil. I want to go to Rio as well to be there for the last 2 weeks! LOL
I have friends in RD that want to go but I figured they have to get Visas to do so. So I will let everyone know about the process and fingers crossed come 2014 we get the ok to go.
NOTE I do not know ANYONE in Brazil so I am out of luck with an address and phone number....I have to think this one through if it is a necessity...
Thanks again! :)