Never Buy an Interstate Battery.

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
I bought one of their car batteries six months ago, and it's already not working, and they don't honor their warranties here, so now I need to buy a new battery. Yep, so save yourself the hassle, and don't buy one.

Dec 26, 2011
I bought one of their car batteries six months ago, and it's already not working, and they don't honor their warranties here, so now I need to buy a new battery. Yep, so save yourself the hassle, and don't buy one.

Problem is, in RD, less reputable businesses will sell an old battery made to look new. Where did you purchase it?

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Same thing they do at car dealers with removing miles from the odometer when you a buy a vehicle at the dealership or dealing with a local domincano/a.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interstate actually makes very good car batteries. Sorry to hear you were screwed.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Huh?

Who'd you buy it from? An Interstate dealer, or a shadetree mechanic?

I've been using interstate batteries for years in vehicles with no problems at all. Never had to go for a warranty claim.

Beach Pilot

Feb 22, 2011
I too have had a problem. I am now on my free fourth battery in one year. At first I was told I could only get one replacement and then was told that my warranty was only good from the original purchase date. Having contacted corporate in the US I was told that it is a free one year replacement from the date of manufacture. I was put in contact with the head man in Santo Domingo, and he too lied about the warranty. He said the rules are different here in the DR. When I told Corporate this they laughed and said their warranty applies anywhere in the world. Seems that the people here even lie about warranties that you can pull up on the internet. By the way, there is a prorated 64 month warranty on Interstate Batteries.

Last edited:

Noballs

May 27, 2012
Interstate does have the best batteries and I have bought a few dozen in alot of different toys, but Interstate sells 2nds that are deffective and usually go on utililty trailers and such for tiny dump trailers etc. No doubt the 2nds are in the DR.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
Interstate or Motorcraft best on the island in my opinion. If not, then bring in an Odyssey and fugetaboutit.........

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
Wow i just told my girl to go buy a interstate for my car.. I am in states now i wonder if i can put one in my luggage?? From states

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Wow i just told my girl to go buy a interstate for my car.. I am in states now i wonder if i can put one in my luggage?? From states

No, but you can ship one in a box. Boxes are big, you can ship a lot more with it. From NYC the cost is about $75 to ship the box, regardless of weight.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
could i be the only person here who thinks travelling from the states to DR with a car battery is INSANE? dude read one post about crappy car battery and wants to bring one in his luggage? wtf is happening with ex-pats here?

you can buy a good car battery in DR. we have never had any problems with batteries, be it in a car or inversor. just buy a decent one, in a decent shop and that's it....

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
I was only playing dude..about bring on plane i ship things from texas to d.r. But i will ship a battery with some new rims and tires i bought in states..i hear this a lot about batterys..