DR1 and google problem

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I've recently had a problem where I do a "site: DR1.com 'subject' " search on google and when I follow the link the DR1 page will not connect. If I manually go into the forums and pick the same link the page will not show. However, if I clear out my internet cache it will show the page. I have Windows 7 and Avast and am using Google Chrome with the default configuration. Anybody know the fix?

shoeless

Jul 18, 2012
Don?t know the answer to OP?s post.
But let me tell you about my DR1/google experience.
I have been googling for a "Dominican expat forum" for a while and never found anything useful, until I stumbled upon this excellent site yesterday, not through google, but a direct link. It is a shame that DR1.com doesn?t appear ranked higher than it is.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
There might be a niggle somewhere as I occasionally get directed to a limited access site on my first effort into DR1. Have been for about 2weeks now.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't see your problem Chip, works fine for me.

Try another PC or browser and see if that works. You may have soem malware re-directing you.

Google and DR1:

Actually, DR1 is very highly ranked and our traffic reflects that.
DR1 averages around 200,000 organic searches per month and approx 180,000 (90%) are from Google. Right now in Google we have 486,216 inbound links from other websites and 2,760,000 dr1.com pages indexed in Google.

The message board is very heavily indexed and Google love us. Make a post today and I have doubt you will see it in Google within 24hrs, often much quicker.

Try using "Dominican forum" and you will see we are #1.
"Dominican expat forum" is not a very common keyword combination.

Google has thousands of data servers all over the planet, many variables come into play in what results (SERPS) are displayed from your location.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I've been playing around a bit and it appears Avast is stopping the page loading as it seems to find a virus. When I exclude DR1.com a new error message came up saying that the browser couldn't be redirected to "myfilestore.com". From a google search it would appear this is a vbulletin issue with google.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I've been playing around a bit and it appears Avast is stopping the page loading as it seems to find a virus. When I exclude DR1.com a new error message came up saying that the browser couldn't be redirected to "myfilestore.com". From a google search it would appear this is a vbulletin issue with google.

Ok, I see it now, injection attack.

I'll let you know when it's fixed.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
i get an advert popping up but only the first time i look - i have run virus checks

It's an exploit that was fixed, but like the normal cat and mouse game, a new version has appeared.

I'm on it and working on a patch. The joys of running a message board!

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
I've recently had a problem where I do a "site: DR1.com 'subject' " search on google and when I follow the link the DR1 page will not connect. If I manually go into the forums and pick the same link the page will not show. However, if I clear out my internet cache it will show the page. I have Windows 7 and Avast and am using Google Chrome with the default configuration. Anybody know the fix?

Hey Chip:
Download Ccleaner from Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!.
It will wipe out all your computers temp files more easely.
Mind you, uncheck your recycle bin if you love it.
Another is nice program is the websites "Defraggler".
I would say: "A must use for laptop users"
Laptops have a very slow harddrive(5400 rpm)
You'll love your old laptop starting up like new.

BTW:Had the same google problem lately. "Hidden content"
Might be some threads were moved ??? (Off topic???)

Cheers !

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
See if you still get the same error, it should now be fixed.

All I need to do now is fix the template issue on the search box :(

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
See if you still get the same error, it should now be fixed.

All I need to do now is fix the template issue on the search box :(

Looks like Google searches work again!!
Some pages have template errors, but are readable.
Good job !!
I know templates can be a pain in the A** :hurt:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
But it looks like you've effected the 'like/dislike' area while doing it. They've become unhighlighted so we can't see who likes/dislikes what and where, only the thread.

Not sure what the problem is. What exactly doesn't work? Can you send me a screen grab or describe the exact issue.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Allow me to explain,,within the past couple of weeks, the hackers in the world have had a "field day". It has nothing to do with any "templates" on DR1.

The dos attacks are getting stronger and even more prevalent, even on the biggest servers in the world. DR1 is not to blame, because even Google(i.e. gmail/Chrome) were affected twice in the past 2 weeks alone, and sometimes went down/slower in their service to you. Even MAC OS warnings were put out, it affected Windows/Linux & MACS, but the pure snobbery of MAC users/owners, always thought they were "untouchable".

Every Server in the world, on every site, has been affected in one way or another.

I am fortunate that I, my Admins and my staff, all experienced High Tech people, (who are from all parts of the globe) watch my site 24/7 and have direct contact with my server owner by various means 24/7.

Changing Browsers will not help you. But I REPEAT that DR1 is not to blame.

My advice is, if you are having problems getting onto DR1, use a proxy, and/or ping DR1. Then if you are still having problems, please post a screenshot on here, when you do get on, to let Robert know what exact problems/messages you had before.

This will help him to pass onto to his server, the info/etc, provided by you.

If you do not know how to do a screenshot, and you are using Windows, simply enter in your start menu, "Snipping Tool", the rest is explained. It is on every version of Windows.

The ping is very important, moreso it will provide the countries of the members that are having this problem to connect and from which country you are trying to connect from. & that is within Robert's hands to deal with your reports.

But PLEASE, I am a Webmaster and Site Owner, as Robert knows, if there were any virus, or any Malware on this site, my security on all my Laptops, would have "screamed" and warned me.

I would simply recommend to any of you that are concerned, to use AVAST PRO and Advanced System Care PRO. They may cost you a few $$, but run silently in the back ground, but warn you of any Malware, you really do not need to download and hog your PC with any Malware protection. They, combined do the job, and include the Internet Security, not just the AV protection, that you all may think, may protect you.

I used to think that Kasparskys (Russian) was the best protection in the world, not so anymore. It not only HOGS your PC, like Norton, (pushed and promoted and given free), but they are so arrogant that they take your $$, but never bother about updates.

The old saying in life "You get what you pay for", is true..JMO

But also remember to speed up your PCs by using CCleaner every day before you close down.

If any of you are nervous about which "ticks" to click in CCleaner, please just post in here (dont pm me PLEASE, because any questions you have & I answer by pms will NOT help other members of DR1)

I repeat again,,,, there is no MALWARE on DR1.

But I hope Robert does not take offense, by my comment on the version he is using on vb. Since vb4 started, every update on the 4 has had problems.
I went back, and now I stick to vb3.8, never, ever have I had probs with that version on any of my sites.. just ensure that the security & plug ins are updated.

I say again there is NO problem on DR1, regardless of which vb is being used, and there is NO Malware on here. Try a proxy, or ping this site!

It is similar situation to Browsers. They all try to compete and outdo each other, but never put the faults right in their existing releases....I have tried and tested most of them, even Mozillas versions like Sea Monkey etc. I have gone back to FFox 3.6/8 and never had a problem, so many probs with FFox latest versions, of 11, 12, 13, 14 etc.

Look towards that ping, and your AV with INTERNET protection and ALWAYS remember to do a back up for your important stuff every day on your PC/MAC

Thank you for reading my long post, I hope it helps