Metro

JPeSo

Aug 20, 2007
Does anyone have pictures and info on the second metro line?....wasn't it supposed to be completed already? From what i understand there are supposed to be more lines/routes a total in 6 i believe. will the rest of the proposed plan be thrown into limbo once danilo officialy takes office?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Some of the contractors have yet to be paid what they are owed.
And,NOTHING gets done until Danilo,"Leonel Lite" takes office.
After that,continued construction will progress at the pace that Danilo choses to "Pay-Or-Not-To -Pay"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

JPeSo

Aug 20, 2007
I also read in another post that there is a plan to have rail infrastructure from sd to santiago, is this true? I was trying to find articles on this and couldn't find anything concrete. That would be great but that sounds like at the very best wishful thinking.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The SD to Santiago will NEVER HAPPEN!
The transport unions will not allow it!
In the USA it's Social security changes that scares the hell out of politicians,here it's the "Transpotistas"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

JPeSo

Aug 20, 2007
it just seems like they would build more roads or add lanes to existing roads to relieve traffic congestion before rail from sd to santiago would happen. I would like to see sd to santiago happen but im doubtful of it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The rail line SD to Santiago,just like the SD Metro,is/was never needed.
But the money to be stolen from such a HUGE construction project,and then from the hardware to fit out the system,proved to tempting.
So they paid off the transportation union's leaders,and made billions for them selves.
That is the only scenario that would allow for a rail freight/passenger line to Santiago.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

JPeSo

Aug 20, 2007
criss have you seen any articles or publications of the plan for sd to santiago.... i would be interested to see what other people's take on it is, also to make sure its not just a bunch of rumors on this forum

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Actually,this is not a new proposal.
About 10 years ago,I did a study on the purchase prices of used Engines,and rolling stock,for an NGO,that wanted to get the contract to build,and furnish the line.
I did the study,submited it,and never got paid a dime!
Part of learning,"How Thing Work",in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC