Average salaries of DR teachers

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
How much does an average esl teacher get paid in the DR?

How much does an average elementary teacher get paid in the DR?

How much does an average college professor get paid in the DR?

Does anyone know?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My step daughter was getting 6,000 $RD monthly when she taught English at a school in Cabarete.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Many teachers,like nurses here,must work two shifts/jobs to help their family survive.
As always in life,you only get what you are willing to pay for!
Hence,teachers and police/fire fighters,and teachers are poorly educated and tired!
If I had to send my kids to "public schools/univ. here, we would leave!
I spend well over 200,000 pesos a year for 3 kids in 4th. through 3rd. year at Univ.,NOT including books,supplies,transport,food,and many many "Extras." like "Cannon Rebel" camera for the Univ. class,$600.00
Then add extracuricular activities,summer camp,I have to stop,I hate thinking about it!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
My wifes mom is a Teacher at elementry she makes 20,000 a month but shes been there 20 plus years !

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
There really isn't "an average" for k-12 teacher pay since the existing types of school have such a huge discrepancy that you will be making either a very good wage with good benefits (private schools such as Abraham Lincoln, CMS etc.) or a very bad wage with no benefits in comparison at the public schools.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Many teachers,like nurses here,must work two shifts/jobs to help their family survive.
As always in life,you only get what you are willing to pay for!
Hence,teachers and police/fire fighters,and teachers are poorly educated and tired!
If I had to send my kids to "public schools/univ. here, we would leave!
I spend well over 200,000 pesos a year for 3 kids in 4th. through 3rd. year at Univ.,NOT including books,supplies,transport,food,and many many "Extras." like "Cannon Rebel" camera for the Univ. class,$600.00
Then add extracuricular activities,summer camp,I have to stop,I hate thinking about it!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I pay that much, times 3 for one kid's university in Toronto. The questions were about the salary of teachers. The public school teacher I know make anywhere from 10,000 to 23,000- depends on senority and qualifications.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I pay that much, times 3 for one kid's university in Toronto. The questions were about the salary of teachers. The public school teacher I know make anywhere from 10,000 to 23,000- depends on senority and qualifications.

My data is about 2-3 years old but this was correct then for public school teachers on the North Coast; provided the teacher had a full position (i.e. taught two classes) and not a half position (i..e taught only mornings/midday/nightclass).

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Satfeeschms"???????
Ever think about contacting the Int.School of SantOOOOOOO Domingo"""
I just think THEY might know.
Wort a shot.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I know good foreign teachers in some Santo Domingo schools making RD$40-50,000 monthly.

Then again, they are good and done their time etc.