A home in Santiago.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I am looking for a home in Santiago. I will need it for the next two years, minimum! Two bedroom, small garden, with gates, security grills, safe neighbourhood. I do not know Santiago so would appreciate some help in the best places to live for my budget.
id like to find a house for around RD10,000 or under. I'm happy to furnish it. I would like somewhere where I can have easy access to a swimming pool, within walking distance if possible, or a short publico away. I need to move in around end of September beginning of October.

Thanks.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
properties_view.aspx
You will certainly not find an appartment/house with swimming pool for $10,000(pesos) per month in Santiago. I stumbled upon this and could not believe the price. Check it out.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not going to happen. I have a place with three bedrooms that is listed on DR1, and it is fully furnished and would cost you about $1000 a month, but no pool...

Let us know if you find one...

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
A small home can be found away from the center of Santiago for around RD12k but having a pool close by will be an issue. It would be better to just count on joining a club with a pool as there are a few.

BTW, 3 br apartments (without pools) can be found in many areas for RD10,000.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think he wants something within a short distance of a public swimming pool, not with the swimming pool as such.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe someone can suggest a place close to the PUCMM? i know they have a huge pool and beautiful grounds for running/jogging. they also do swimming classes for kids and adults. and the area is very nice and safe, right?

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
maybe someone can suggest a place close to the PUCMM? i know they have a huge pool and beautiful grounds for running/jogging. they also do swimming classes for kids and adults. and the area is very nice and safe, right?

PUCMM is very safe and controlled. It is amazing how many people go there in the mornings to walk or run, a good place to meet a nice group of people. They open the gates at 5:30 am and it is pretty full of folks exercising by 6:00 am.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Yes, the request is for a house, not apartment, and for a pool within a short distance, either by motorcycle or walking. I do not expect a property with a pool, although if something was available then my rental budget could be adjusted taking into consideration the expenses saved instead of using a hotel or public pool.