Places not to miss while on vacation

Morenito0211

Dec 18, 2009
Hi, am not sure if am posting this in the right place, if not, I apologize and if a mod can move it .

I am going on vacation in October and would like some ideas of places to go and where we can see some of the beauty the country has to offer. I'm Dominican and my fianc?e is Boricua (yes Bronxboy, I took one away from you guys), I was born and raised in DR until my teen years but never really got to travel outside my city (Dajabon). I was there 2 years ago and visited Nagua, Las Terrenas (loved the beach), Montecristi, Dajabon, el monumento in Santiago and Camp David, and in SD el Faro a Colon and spent a few days in Punta Cana.

This time I would love to see more the country has to offer, for example we are definitely going to Bahia de las Aguilas, and spending a few days in Jarabacoa. Any places that are absolutely stunning (beach, waterfalls, etc.) that we should not miss while there? Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Am a looooong time lurker and read the DR1 forums every day for information (and entertainment):laugh:, so I know you guys can be a helpful bunch

Thanks!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Estimado Dajabonero:

Punta Rucia, 27 waterfalls at Damajagua, Las Galeras, Punta Cana,

However, since you are going South, take in all of the area. There are waterfalls, cloud forests in Neiba, and Pedernales is all by itself....After a couple of days there, you can go to Jarabacoa, go river rafting, and up to Constanza to literally "chill" out!...

Have a wonderful time...

HB