Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flights to England from POP and back

Does anyone know where I can find flights to the UK from Puerta Plata and back perhaps two weeks later? When I search I am only able to find flights from the UK to here!
    I wanted to price up the cost of visiting the UK.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty sure www.skyscanner.com does flight in both directions.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Macy Kai View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find flights to the UK from Puerta Plata and back perhaps two weeks later? When I search I am only able to find flights from the UK to here!
    I unuderstand the deal with BA starting sheduled flights to/from PC excluded TA from picking up in DR as they used to do.

www.jetairfly.be offers flights to Brussels starting at 199 Euro. These are from Santo Domingo.

Also French and German airlines at slightly greater cost.

yapask1

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can not get a flight ending in DR, you are not a resident. No airlines from the UK can work around this now, in the past yes, but now is neigh on impossible.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Macy Kai View Post
    There is no longer a licence for charter companies to allow flights DR UK DR.Occasionally if seats are available into the UK ,you can get a ticket from Thomas Cook in POP,even though the UK call centres will tell you this is no longer allowed.This is usually one way and then to return to the DR you have to buy a return flight from the UK,even if you want to only use half of it.One ways are not possible from the UK.

You can however buy a scheduled ticket DR UK DR but they are not cheap and will often take you via other countries first and involves a much longer journey.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

What is it like flying from Brussels into DR on a one way? Are there equal issues as the uk?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Givadogahome View Post
    What is it like flying from Brussels into DR on a one way? Are there equal issues as the uk?
    I have done the DR - Brussels - DR via jetairfly - no problems. Connection to Eurostar is easy.

yapask1

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yapask1 View Post
    I have done the DR - Brussels - DR via jetairfly - no problems. Connection to Eurostar is easy.

yapask1
    You are a resident aren't you? Would be different for a none resident.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Givadogahome View Post
    You are a resident aren't you? Would be different for a none resident.
    I booked over the internet - no problem. Jetairfly just asked for passport. Theoretically as Thailand you should have an onward ticket for immigration if non resident. You could get one and get it refunded later or a $100 dollars or so ticket to Miami and write it off.

yapask1

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i was never checked upon flying back to DR until my last trip to europe - i had to present residence card upon check-in.

macy, your possible route will depend on preferences: you want the cheapest? the fastest? most luggage? least plane changes? i flew to london with iberia, from SD via madrid. my family usually does that or air france, also from SD. air france has the biggest luggage allowance so it pays off if you travel less frequently. 2x25kg is the best you can ever get and is a real blessing. iberia tends to be a bit cheaper.

you could also fly via USA, you do not need a visa. or start in POP, fly airberlin to dusseldorf/munich and then london.
    i personally prefer flying all the way with one airline: in case of delays they have an obligation to help you out with the next available flight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast