News Flash from Today's "Diario Libre"!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
By,"Boca Chivo" my favorite Political,and Daily DR Life" cartoonist.
To Paraphrase,
Calling someone in the DR,a "Come Mierda" (POOP EATER) used to be the worst insult you could give.
Now,it is worse to call them a "Come Salami"!
You need to know about the recent expose in the papers about 297,out of 300,samples of "Salami" tested,contained more "things", read,poop,rodent hair,and "God Knows WHAT!"
than meat protien!
PEE,could you please "SPIN" that info please??
Wait,I Got It.
It's worse in the USA!
You can stand down on this one!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
On no! I had salami almost every other day last time in DR. They were always on sale at La Sirena. I guess this it,e around I won't be purchasing salami.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
On no! I had salami almost every other day last time in DR. They were always on sale at La Sirena. I guess this it,e around I won't be purchasing salami.

I always thought those huge rolls looked a little like elephant logs!!!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Buen provecho

(...) about 297,out of 300,samples of "Salami" tested,contained more "things", read,poop,rodent hair,and "God Knows WHAT!"
than meat protien!

What's wrong with that, huh?
The producers very well know what Dominicans like to eat and thus the ingredients were concocted accordingly. :rolleyes:
I am certain, now, as the recipe is out, more salami producers will appear on the market. :bunny:

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
SORRY Chip,You Are WRONG Yet Again!!!!...What Else Is NEW???

After an exhaustive amount of time spent researching,"My Salami"..:nervous: (By just reading today's newspaper,your are still suffering from "Premature speculation".
The announcement you cited was nothing more than more PLD government "SPIN"!
The truth is,the "directora",of "Proconsumador",an agency to "attempt" to protect consumers,(US) HELD A NEWS CONFERENCE.
She announced that "Proconsumador" has not released the names of the makers of the 300 "salami's tested.She said,however,that it was not just the "generic salami makers.
She went on to say that she was under intense "Pressure" to resign.
Which means that the big National Brand Salami Makers,are pulling the strings on the politicians they control to get her OUT!!
She will not quit,she says."I can be fired,but the report is true".
I expect her to be ousted soon.
See why things can NEVER get better here,(EXCEPT for the "RICOS, and the "Politicos" who carry their water)!
Because when the very rare government official comes along and tries to do the right thing,their GONE!
Even Leonel was quoted by a former American Ambassador to the DR,(As revealed in some "Wiki Leaks" messages) to have responded when the US Amb.said that he should crack down on corruption in the National Police,and the military: In the DR,There Are Some Things That Even The President Can't Do!!!!"
Many years ago a retired,highly regarded, long term political figure died.
There were many reports about his life in all the papers here.
The one thing that really made sense to me,was,that everyone in the country knew that he was an honest politician,how, you ask, did they KNOW??
Because,He Died Poor!!!"
What the DR desperately needs now more than ever,is not more politicians :bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit:,
but more ............STATESMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Feb 7, 2007
I have never ever seen a salami made by "informal sector" be that in supermarkets, colmados, or elsewhere. All salamis I see stocked in supermarkets and hanging in colmados seem to be quite "formal".

Back in my country I have seen lots of home pig slaughters and eaten the good stuff they make (yummy) nobody got sick because, obviously, were meant for consumption by family and friends. What I want to say is that I know how "informal" products look like, and I have not seen any stocked in supermarkets or colmados in the DR.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
"Al echarse la paloma"

I have never ever seen a salami made by "informal sector" be that in supermarkets, colmados, or elsewhere. All salamis I see stocked in supermarkets and hanging in colmados seem to be quite "formal".
How could one know whether a foot of plastic sausage casing was filled with some red stuff in a factory or some backyard.
Whatever is written on them does not mean a thing, you can get it printed how you order it.

Back in my country I have seen lots of home pig slaughters and eaten the good stuff they make (yummy) nobody got sick because, obviously, were meant for consumption by family and friends. What I want to say is that I know how "informal" products look like, and I have not seen any stocked in supermarkets or colmados in the DR.
Where I grew up the farmer families would take turns in slaughtering a pig making bacon and canning various kinds of sausages and white and red "pressack".
This delicious stuff was not for sale and one could consider oneself lucky to get some of it.

This food, home-reared meat, was an informal product made by honest people, controlling themselves in a group.
One should not compare this to the 'salami crooks' in this country who sell unsavoury stuff - which they certainly do not eat themselves.

It's typical for Dominicans when found cheating and thus being critizised there are two reactions:
The poor: No tenemos la culpa. No fuimos nosotros.
The rich and powerful: The critic gets attacked* and revenge is planned, no matter whether the criticism was sane or not.

*)
Censuran denuncia de Pro Consumidor - ElNacional.com.do

donP

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
In the NEWS: July 31, 2012

Public Health orders new salami studies

The Ministry of Public Health defended manufacturers and announced yesterday he had ordered a series of new studies to verify the quality of the salami manufactured here. Minister Bautista Rojas Gomez said that he ordered the new studies because the reports ordered by ProConsumidor, the consumer production agency, date back to January and "they do not allow for the determination of the exact quality of the product."

I think many of us already know the outcome of the new studies.......

After all, as the Ministry of Public Health stated, the reports by ProConsumidor date back to January.
Surely the manufacturers have made vast improvements since 6 months ago. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the NEWS: July 31, 2012

I think many of us already know the outcome of the new studies.......

After all, as the Ministry of Public Health stated, the reports by ProConsumidor date back to January.
Surely the manufacturers have made vast improvements since 6 months ago. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Or you could say, "Same sh!t, different day."

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There Will Be NO "Studies" by Salud Publica,BUT,"Results" Will Soon Be Published!!

After all,we are tlking about dominicans in general,and Politicians in particular.
They have only 2 or 3 responses to facts they don't want out.
1,they call you a lier.
2. they use chips tried and true lament,"Yeah" but they have worse salami in OHIO!"
He also posted ,directly from the governments, "Bull$hit News Release",that the salami tested was "Home Made".
Even though the brands of salamis tested were never released.And never will be!
3. They use personal attacts in the media,and intimidation, on the bastard who dares to use "Truth" to inform the Dominican People,and not just "Pretty Pictures" and invented so called "Facts"!
DR1 has predicted the "Directora" of "Pro Consumidor" will be dumped by the PLD.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There is a Haitian delegation here to check on DR's "Slumami"

You know you are in trouble when the "Haitianos" won't buy your salami!
Anyway,the Dominicans have "Trotted Out",their big "Dog & Pony Show" to assure the Haitians about DR Salami.
Now here is the funny part,
one of the Haitian delegation is named,..................."WORMS"!
Becareful "Worms",the Dominicans may mix YOU into their "Mystery Meat" next!
CC

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
And all this time I thought the salami was Kosher...............
Going straight to hell..........

B in Santiago