Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    21,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default News Flash from Today's "Diario Libre"!!!

    By,"Boca Chivo" my favorite Political,and Daily DR Life" cartoonist.
    To Paraphrase,
    Calling someone in the DR,a "Come Mierda" (POOP EATER) used to be the worst insult you could give.
    Now,it is worse to call them a "Come Salami"!
    You need to know about the recent expose in the papers about 297,out of 300,samples of "Salami" tested,contained more "things", read,poop,rodent hair,and "God Knows WHAT!"
    than meat protien!
    PEE,could you please "SPIN" that info please??
    Wait,I Got It.
    It's worse in the USA!
    You can stand down on this one!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The bad salami's are only from the homemade processors; therefore enjoy your Induveca with plantain!

    Digenor dice salami de mala calidad es de sector informal - listindiario.com

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    21,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wonder how much Induveca paid for that disclaimer???
    CC

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    On no! I had salami almost every other day last time in DR. They were always on sale at La Sirena. I guess this it,e around I won't be purchasing salami.

  5. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJS73 View Post
    On no! I had salami almost every other day last time in DR. They were always on sale at La Sirena. I guess this it,e around I won't be purchasing salami.
    I always thought those huge rolls looked a little like elephant logs!!!

  6. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Buen provecho

    Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    (...) about 297,out of 300,samples of "Salami" tested,contained more "things", read,poop,rodent hair,and "God Knows WHAT!"
    than meat protien!
    What's wrong with that, huh?
    The producers very well know what Dominicans like to eat and thus the ingredients were concocted accordingly.
    I am certain, now, as the recipe is out, more salami producers will appear on the market.


    donP

  7. Likes Criss Colon, Givadogahome, waytogo liked this post
  8. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    21,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs down SORRY Chip,You Are WRONG Yet Again!!!!...What Else Is NEW???

    After an exhaustive amount of time spent researching,"My Salami".. (By just reading today's newspaper,your are still suffering from "Premature speculation".
    The announcement you cited was nothing more than more PLD government "SPIN"!
    The truth is,the "directora",of "Proconsumador",an agency to "attempt" to protect consumers,(US) HELD A NEWS CONFERENCE.
    She announced that "Proconsumador" has not released the names of the makers of the 300 "salami's tested.She said,however,that it was not just the "generic salami makers.
    She went on to say that she was under intense "Pressure" to resign.
    Which means that the big National Brand Salami Makers,are pulling the strings on the politicians they control to get her OUT!!
    She will not quit,she says."I can be fired,but the report is true".
    I expect her to be ousted soon.
    See why things can NEVER get better here,(EXCEPT for the "RICOS, and the "Politicos" who carry their water)!
    Because when the very rare government official comes along and tries to do the right thing,their GONE!
    Even Leonel was quoted by a former American Ambassador to the DR,(As revealed in some "Wiki Leaks" messages) to have responded when the US Amb.said that he should crack down on corruption in the National Police,and the military: In the DR,There Are Some Things That Even The President Can't Do!!!!"
    Many years ago a retired,highly regarded, long term political figure died.
    There were many reports about his life in all the papers here.
    The one thing that really made sense to me,was,that everyone in the country knew that he was an honest politician,how, you ask, did they KNOW??
    Because,He Died Poor!!!"
    What the DR desperately needs now more than ever,is not more politicians ,
    but more ............STATESMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

  9. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have never ever seen a salami made by "informal sector" be that in supermarkets, colmados, or elsewhere. All salamis I see stocked in supermarkets and hanging in colmados seem to be quite "formal".

    Back in my country I have seen lots of home pig slaughters and eaten the good stuff they make (yummy) nobody got sick because, obviously, were meant for consumption by family and friends. What I want to say is that I know how "informal" products look like, and I have not seen any stocked in supermarkets or colmados in the DR.

  10. #9
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default "Al echarse la paloma"

    Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    I have never ever seen a salami made by "informal sector" be that in supermarkets, colmados, or elsewhere. All salamis I see stocked in supermarkets and hanging in colmados seem to be quite "formal".
    How could one know whether a foot of plastic sausage casing was filled with some red stuff in a factory or some backyard.
    Whatever is written on them does not mean a thing, you can get it printed how you order it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Back in my country I have seen lots of home pig slaughters and eaten the good stuff they make (yummy) nobody got sick because, obviously, were meant for consumption by family and friends. What I want to say is that I know how "informal" products look like, and I have not seen any stocked in supermarkets or colmados in the DR.
    Where I grew up the farmer families would take turns in slaughtering a pig making bacon and canning various kinds of sausages and white and red "pressack".
    This delicious stuff was not for sale and one could consider oneself lucky to get some of it.

    This food, home-reared meat, was an informal product made by honest people, controlling themselves in a group.
    One should not compare this to the 'salami crooks' in this country who sell unsavoury stuff - which they certainly do not eat themselves.

    It's typical for Dominicans when found cheating and thus being critizised there are two reactions:
    The poor: No tenemos la culpa. No fuimos nosotros.
    The rich and powerful: The critic gets attacked* and revenge is planned, no matter whether the criticism was sane or not.

    *)
    Censuran denuncia de Pro Consumidor - ElNacional.com.do


    donP

  11. Likes Criss Colon, bri777 liked this post
  12. #10
    Moderator - Clown Central
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,954
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    The bad salami's are only from the homemade processors; therefore enjoy your Induveca with plantain!

    Digenor dice salami de mala calidad es de sector informal - listindiario.com
    Damn, that Induveca salami I bought at Pola and I bit down on some bone when eating it must have been a forgery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •