North American Charter JFK-SDQ

E

Eddie

Does anyone have any experience flying North American Charter from JFK (New York City) to SDQ (Santo Domingo)? Specifically, experiences with lines at check-in at JFK and SDQ, carry-on and checked luggage, on-time departures and arrivals, comfort on board, etc.

I am booked with them for a trip Labor Day week. This is my first time flying a charter airline. They seem to have decent prices and good flight times. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

A

azb

Re: please give prices!

please tell us how much it is costing you to fly from jfk - sdq (santo domingo). If you know of any other specials though them o DR, please inform us as well.
thank you

E

Eddie

Re: please give prices!

My fare is $523.60 for a Saturday departure and the following Saturday return. I booked my fare through Ray Modesto of Amigos Tours (see link). I understand North American has cheaper fares around $400 or so, but these fares were sold out on the flights I wanted. So I think $523.60 may be their maximum price for now. By this being a charter airline, I don't think there is much variation in the fares. But then again, I'm not a travel industry expert.

As far as cheaper fares, http://www.Orbitz.com sometimes has really good fares under $400, but they are usually with connections. And the fares and flight times on this site change every single day, sometimes more than once a day. I waited too long to purchase a $369 fare (with connections), and it disappeared and now the flights for the times I wanted start at around $600 and up - some direct flights as high as $999!! TWA and American have a lotta NERVE charging these ridcuously high fares, but I digress.

Once again, if anyone has flown North American, please let us know of your experience. Gracias . . .

D

DR1

See the brief we did when this airline started flying to DR. I understand they are flying scheduled, nor as a charter operation. Also see their web site at http://www.northamericanair.com

K

Kevin

just came back on northamerican charter. i went from jfk to pop(not sdq) and all in all it good experience. there were minor delays on the way down, but nothing extrodinary. as for luggage , it was your standard 2 bags @70lbs (combined) and carry on

R

Richard

One of the worst flights ever experienced. Took this flight (NA80). Tickets read flight was to leave jfk at 8:00 a.m. - Arrived at 6:35 a.m. - told by counter personell "Sorry" "the plane has already left the gate." Told I should have arrived earlier since it was a 7:00 a.m. flight. TICKET SAID 8:00 a.m.

On the way back - arrived at SDQ quite early. 10:30 a.m. for 12:30 flight (NA81). Plane not at airport (Still at JFK). Plane finally departed from SDQ at 8:30 p.m. When arrived at JFK, had to wait 30 minutes on the tarmack due to the fact North American has no gates of thier own. Had to wait for one to clear.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Charters- for those that have more time than $

That's why charters are for people who do not place much of a premium on their time, or for people that have more time than money. You save money, but you often lose time.