Where to stay

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I'll be coming to the DR towards the end of Aug for a few days. I'll be based in San Pedro de Marcoris (stepson lives there), but as I didn't see any suitable hotels online, am wondering whether either boca Chica or La Romana would be my best bet. Have been to DR several times, but not familiar with that area. I am one of those spoiled gringos that require luce 24/7, hot water, and AC.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Go to juan Dolio, check into Costa caribe Total inclusive, cheap and adequate to anyone who is not an arse. If you want 6*, book further east, punta.

HR1

Jul 31, 2012
Check out the Embassy Suites at Metro Country Club, Juan Dolio.

It's the tipical Embassy, with all the same perks you find in the USA.

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
What they say is true i live in san pedro..no where to stay there..go to juan dolio..10-15 drive..

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
why does my stepson (dominicano) swear that there are nice hotels in SP. I think I'll take your advice about Juan Dolio. tks

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
definitely don't need 6*, or even 5* for that matter. I was taken aback, however, by the number of negative reviews which were posted about costa caribe.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
definitely don't need 6*, or even 5* for that matter. I was taken aback, however, by the number of negative reviews which were posted about costa caribe.

yeah, right now there are only two bad reviews posted on trip advisor.. but at that price, that is probably what you get. There was one person who ranted on about how you ALWAYS had to use a room safe on this island as most of the people made a dollar an hour ... and you coould not trust them to leave your cell or laptop or jewelry out...... any comments?

i never use the safe.. always turn the key back in..

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
sorry.. did not mean to hijack

for the cheapest most basic but cleam room by third world traveler standards you can stay at the flor de lota which, i think is a really a house of ill repute even though lonely planety writes ti up as an Indian spa with yoga classes.. Maybe just that the only long term resident was an American procurer.... Well, travel broadens the mind so I| had a few beers with him,

Anyway, the place is clean and reminds me of eco tourism more like Costa Rico,,, i think because it is a wood house.

Prices were VERY cheap when i went there ... like under fifteen bucks

but sheets were clean

tiny rooms

interesting company

yeah, I would go back

you can walk to the center of juan dolio and eat anywhere there ....