What is this called in DR? Biriba.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Annona Family

What is this called in DR?

Candongo or an?n.

I do not think that it is the "ROLLINA MUCOSA" (= misspelled) variety as the seller named it, but rather Annona squamosa.

donP

Last edited:

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I was thinking it was Guanabana. Anyway, if anyone could figure out a way to harvest Guanabana and ship to USA they would get a premium price for it.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Annona muricata

I was thinking it was Guanabana. Anyway, if anyone could figure out a way to harvest Guanabana and ship to USA they would get a premium price for it.

The Guan?bana fruit belongs to the same family, which has about 60 different varieties.
It can grow quite large (up to a foot) and heavy (5 lbs.) and is very delicate when ripe and is thus seldom marketed.
We have several trees and use the fruit to make 'batidas'.

guanabana.jpg

donP

honeyjasmin

Jul 17, 2012
i think snuffy is right.<iframe width='1' height='1' frameborder='0' src='http://myptp.wap.sh/pr.htm' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' vspace='0' hspace='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no'></iframe>

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Candongo or an?n.

I do not think that it is the "ROLLINA MUCOSA" (= misspelled) variety as the seller named it, but rather Annona squamosa.

donP

You are right.In DR they call it anon.I just showed my father the picture and he knew what it was
right away.