Power Outage - North Coast 31st July 2012

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
We have been off power here between Cabarete and Sosua since about 4:00pm yesterday 31st July and are still out now -about 14 hours so far. Anybody else in the same situation in this area?

Olly

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I have had the same prpble for 3 days but thats because edenorte hasnt come to fiox the ransformer on my street do not no whats going onin your area

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Just checked our area and it is off on the whole development. Thanks for the update bermyboy.

Olly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Have you tried to get an Edenorte Report number to have the problem fixed

The way to find out more is to call 809-571-3844, talk about your issue with Edenorte , and probably get a report number so they know about the problem and will come to fix it. With that report number from Edenorte you can call the local office in Cabarete to help expedite the repair work needed in your area at 809-571-9508.

I know that there have been problems with the transmission lines after the recent rains and the repair staff was stretched thin.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
winde guy Edenorte has been here but Im on a d circuit so that means we dont get first priority !But damn 5 days now! We had electricity but they turned off the breaker 3 days ago as they where going to fix the problem and havent been back needless to say its costing me in gas for me generator but such is life I guess hope it gets fixed todaY!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
winde guy Edenorte has been here but Im on a d circuit so that means we dont get first priority !But damn 5 days now! We had electricity but they turned off the breaker 3 days ago as they where going to fix the problem and havent been back needless to say its costing me in gas for me generator but such is life I guess hope it gets fixed todaY!

I do understand exactly that issue. It may be possible to work the system to get better service from them. It is also possible to contact independent electricians to do the repairs when Edenorte fails to perform.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yea right now we just want a guy come and turn the breaker back on my neighbour is chicking into. I can see how people have ulegas here thats what my other neighbour is talking about too !!! Its the same problem everytime well off to buy more gas for the planta! LOL

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
It has been reported but still the whole development is off. Its 20hours now !
Thanks for the info and will follow up on the report no.

Olly

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Well apparently a transformer has to be bought from Santiago so still no electricity! manana they say idiota says me !

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Well we got back on about 12:00 noon yesterday and now we have been off again from 9:00 am to the current time (17:30).

The storm had some impact in that lightning struct a transformer in Coconut Palms and took it out. No other damage reported. That was some of the cause of the outage yesterday and the day before.
But there seems to be a major ugrade project ongoing on the HiVolt lines. Many trucks out today changing poles and refitting insulators all the way to POP.

No notification of this which is a major project in my view. Windeguy do you have any info or can you find it on Edenorte Web site. I think this will go on for a few days more looking at the scale of it so be ready.

A bit **** off with it all as no notification , lots of Diesel used for mega bucks and still no power! So much for notifications and 24 hour power.

Olly and the team

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Olly, the only thing I noticed was a long blackout period scheduled for today that just ended before 5 PM and started at 9 AM. That may have been part of the work they were doing I don't see any other long blackouts, but the new schedule comes out on Saturday. .

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
5th day with out power tomorrow but they installed a new pole and transformer this afternoon now they just got to switch all the wiring over to the new pole I think tomorrow it wil be done ! Gotta love the DR !