Claro SIM unlock code...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I was messing around with my Samsung Captivate few days ago and now my phone shows "Enter SIM unlock code." It was working perfectly fine until I tried to try different rom. :( Before I send a boy here to Claro shop. I was wondering if someone had similar experience...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm no Android expert but I did manage to root my HTC Glacier and install a different rom - Cyanogenmod 7 - but mine was already unlocked. Here are a couple of forum that I use to get info to modify my phone and from a quick google search there appears to have unlock info. Be careful because the phone can be lost for good if instructions are not followed to a t. Also, from what I've seen unlocking a phone runs from RD500 to RD1500.

Samsung Captivate - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S/SGH-I896 - XDA-Developers
Samsung Galaxy S/SGH-I897 - XDA-Developers

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
try 0000 or 9999 and see if that works.

Also try doing a hard reset, by pulling the battery to see if that works, and look to see if it has a small hole somewhere you can stick a pin into to reset as well.

If not, I'd guess you gotta take it in.
I did and it didn't work.

I'm no Android expert but I did manage to root my HTC Glacier and install a different rom - Cyanogenmod 7 - but mine was already unlocked. Here are a couple of forum that I use to get info to modify my phone and from a quick google search there appears to have unlock info. Be careful because the phone can be lost for good if instructions are not followed to a t. Also, from what I've seen unlocking a phone runs from RD500 to RD1500.

Samsung Captivate - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S/SGH-I896 - XDA-Developers
Samsung Galaxy S/SGH-I897 - XDA-Developers
Thanks chip. I've googled and found the solution there's a app on in the Play so I downloaded it and my phone works now. I forgot what it was called but I did a search Captivate unlock and it worked

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Wow sweet...thought only AZB and myself were the rooting kind in this forum. Look at Chipo installing all kinds of cool stuff. BTW Android ICS ROMs have been out for a little while now and there are even some Jellybean based ROMs starting to come out lately. Personally I mostly use MIUI due to being extremely customizable and it has a lot of cool features others don't have, but try different ones all the time. The Cyanogenmod team are the kings of the Android ROM world, as they've developed tons of stuff that are now even being implemented into the actual releases from Samsung and others, but I haven't had a lot of luck with the battery life with their roms. Another reason I tend to go back to MIUI.

Feb 7, 2007
It is the PUK code and if you still have the "big card" (credit card size) on which your SIM chip came in it is printed there.

P.S. In the bast, back in my country, we used to joke about PUK code. PUK in my language is a one of the slang words for an idiot ("tonto" or "bobo" in Spanish) so the PUK code was a code for "bobo" who was so much "tonto" he messed up his SIM. I could not resist, I apologize :) JOKE...excuse me :)

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Wow sweet...thought only AZB and myself were the rooting kind in this forum. Look at Chipo installing all kinds of cool stuff. BTW Android ICS ROMs have been out for a little while now and there are even some Jellybean based ROMs starting to come out lately. Personally I mostly use MIUI due to being extremely customizable and it has a lot of cool features others don't have, but try different ones all the time. The Cyanogenmod team are the kings of the Android ROM world, as they've developed tons of stuff that are now even being implemented into the actual releases from Samsung and others, but I haven't had a lot of luck with the battery life with their roms. Another reason I tend to go back to MIUI.
I play around with electronics for sake of prolong using my electronics. Being around technology prior I got in to other field left me this hobby/headache. I still have notebook(Dell XPS M1530) I purchased at 07 and after totally dismantled it and "upgrading", it still runs faster then some of the budget notebooks that are out there today.

Anywho... I did try MIUI, AKOP(Cyanogenmod port) and other ICS based ROMs the other day try but it's no go for me. I got consistent reboots. :( I am going to try Slim Jelly Bean ROM for one last time and see how it goes. If all fails I am going to stay Gingerbread stock.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
It is the PUK code and if you still have the "big card" (credit card size) on which your SIM chip came in it is printed there.

P.S. In the bast, back in my country, we used to joke about PUK code. PUK in my language is a one of the slang words for an idiot ("tonto" or "bobo" in Spanish) so the PUK code was a code for "bobo" who was so much "tonto" he messed up his SIM. I could not resist, I apologize :) JOKE...excuse me :)
In my case. My phone somehow got provider locked. I got unlocked phone for the move and with installing ROMs/Kernels/Modems something got messed up and phone somehow got locked by AT&T again. I don't know if it makes sense but it got unlocked again just by downloading a app from Play Store. I have found out with this problem, some of the Samsung phones can be easily unlocked.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I play around with electronics for sake of prolong using my electronics. Being around technology prior I got in to other field left me this hobby/headache. I still have notebook(Dell XPS M1530) I purchased at 07 and after totally dismantled it and "upgrading", it still runs faster then some of the budget notebooks that are out there today.

Anywho... I did try MIUI, AKOP(Cyanogenmod port) and other ICS based ROMs the other day try but it's no go for me. I got consistent reboots. :( I am going to try Slim Jelly Bean ROM for one last time and see how it goes. If all fails I am going to stay Gingerbread stock.

Are you running Cynanogenmod 7.2? I first loaded 7.2 and had the "reboot" screen error and then went to 7.1 because it is more stable and got rid of the problem. I only have the screen freeze every so often and have to reboot other than that it is super resource friendly and fast. BTW, no matter what Cyanogenmod you have sometimes they say it may need to be loaded twice as the reboot screen infinite loop appears to be a common problem.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Are you running Cynanogenmod 7.2? I first loaded 7.2 and had the "reboot" screen error and then went to 7.1 because it is more stable and got rid of the problem. I only have the screen freeze every so often and have to reboot other than that it is super resource friendly and fast. BTW, no matter what Cyanogenmod you have sometimes they say it may need to be loaded twice as the reboot screen infinite loop appears to be a common problem.
No. Currently I am running stock Gingerbread rom from AT&T. Every cynogenmod i tried had been very good for me but few days ago every rom I install seems to be rebooting itself every minute. One last try of JB based rom and that is it for me I am staying rooted stock.