cave in macao area

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
hi i'm going to punta cana next week. Does anyone know how to get to the cave with the lagoon. I know its by macao.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Departing from the crossroad in Macao,( the intersection of the road to Bavaro and the road to Higuey ); you head away from the beach zone towards Higuey about 1.5 - 2 miles from that intersection going past the El Salado medical clinic and the cemetary, both to your left. You will approach a steep hill. At the base of the hill you will turn left into the gravel roadway. This road will bring you to the cave and lagoon, at one point about 1 mile in it splits, go the the right. The cave is about 1.5 miles from the main road. Note: A givaway to the location will be a plethora of buggys entering and departing the gravel road.

The cave is a natural sight and the fresh water lagoon within is about the size of an olympic pool. However, be prepared to be approached by many of the entrepreneurs of the shops on the location attempting to sell you their wares. It takes away the former purity of the site.

Regards,

PJT

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My son was in PC last week, not sure if this the one you mean. When they got to the cave someone told them the water was beautiful, when he got inside he asked where the water was. It was so clear that he didn't see the water!

555590_4220247307498_571591665_n.jpg