New ID With Fingerprint Identification

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]From 2013 the government of the Dominican Republic introduces a new and more secure identification card. The current identification card or so-called 'c?dula' is apparently too easy to forge and therefore action is required. The ID card will be fitted with a more secure photo, signature and fingerprint of the cardholder. In addition, the card is equipped with a secure data chip. The currently in use cedula's remain accepted until the card has reached its expiration date.[/h]

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sounds like the "Biometric" cedula will finally arrive. Thanks Ken.
I would hope that this new card could be issued at any JCE office, but I fear that it will still require a trip to Santo Domingo for residents. Why cannot the JCE do this at any office?

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
I would hope that this new card could be issued at any JCE office, but I fear that it will still require a trip to Santo Domingo for residents. Why cannot the JCE do this at any office?

We don't know yet, lets wait and see. Hopefully it will be issued at any of their branch offices.

NotLurking

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We don't know yet, lets wait and see. Hopefully it will be issued at any of their branch offices.

NotLurking

I for one will not be holding my breath that resident's cedulas can be done anywhere else but in Santo Domingo.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am sure dominicans will be able to have their cedulas done in any JCE office. but stupid gringos will have to go SD.