Apple iTunes account

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Has anyone successfully activated an iTunes account using their Dominican address and BHD visa debit card?

I'm guessing the problem I'm having is that I don't know what my post code is. I've just entered 12345.

Are there post codes for the DR?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Your BHD card will not work. The best way to do this is to open another account (you can have more than one account) and say you are in the US. Then fund it with ITune cards. You can find them on Ebay, by Email. You punch in the code and you are good to go.

Another thing, if you have a Dominican Account you are severely limited in what apps you can purchase. It is not the same as a US account.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Your BHD card will not work. The best way to do this is to open another account (you can have more than one account) and say you are in the US. Then fund it with ITune cards. You can find them on Ebay, by Email. You punch in the code and you are good to go.

Another thing, if you have a Dominican Account you are severely limited in what apps you can purchase. It is not the same as a US account.

That's a great idea thanks!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Your BHD card will not work.

I have a Dominican iTunes account using my Banco Popular card, no problems. Why would BHD not work?

Yes, the USA store is much better than the Dominican store and the gift card route works great.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have a Dominican iTunes account using my Banco Popular card, no problems. Why would BHD not work?

Yes, the USA store is much better than the Dominican store and the gift card route works great.

Why BHD does not work, I have no idea. But I tried with mine and it did not work. Another way to simply fund a US account here is to have a friend buy a card in the US and just give you the code to enter. Either way, the DR account had next to nothing in the way of Apps compared to the US account.

This may be off base on this thread but try Mercury Browser instead of Safari. It blows Safari away with speed and features. For 99 cents take a flyer on it. Trust me.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Mercury Browser instead of Safari. It blows Safari away with speed and features. For 99 cents take a flyer on it. Trust me.

Chrome is also nice, both for OSX and iOS. Although the new version of Safari with Mountain Lion screams!!