Looking for a furniture manufacturer

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I found this living room set at a furniture store in Puerto Plata called Hidelisa Muebles. I am wondering if anyone has an idea who manufactures these, the salesperson just knew it was someone in Santo Domingo. Thanks in advance if anyone has any clues.. we love these but know the 140k price tag was marked up just a few too many times making it to its final destination. I assume we can get these for under 100k easy if we can find who makes them. Take care and thanks again..

23h58vo.jpg

v3ljde.jpg

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
I found this living room set at a furniture store in Puerto Plata called Hidelisa Muebles. I am wondering if anyone has an idea who manufactures these, the salesperson just knew it was someone in Santo Domingo. Thanks in advance if anyone has any clues.. we love these but know the 140k price tag was marked up just a few too many times making it to its final destination. I assume we can get these for under 100k easy if we can find who makes them. Take care and thanks again..

23h58vo.jpg

v3ljde.jpg

If you take a picture to most of the furniture making stores, they will copy what you want to the dimensions you want. They may not find the identical fabric, but you can choose your own at Hidelisa in POP or Esponjas de Cibao in Santiago. There are a few people making the type of thing you want in Sosua, Sosua Abajo and Navarete, so shop around for the best quote and look at their other work to decide what you like best. It is common to have furniture made to order here and usually ensures you get what you want at a reasonable price. There is one upholsterer in Sosua Abajo I wouldn't recommend. PM me for details if this is relevant, though from the pictures it doesn't look as though it will be. I have had all my furniture made to order.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You're nuts for paying 100k for that, IMO. I've seen very similar stuff for less than half that. And give it a year, see what happens. When sitting down I prefer the only squeaking to be coming from my arse end is coming out my arse end, not what it is sat on. I know they are built on a hardwood frame, but the lats are all the same! A bit of use, stretchy stretchy, squeaky squeaky:paranoid:

Imo