Contact lens solution

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Hi if anyone needs Bausch & Lomb ReNu multi purpose solution please send me a PM.

I have gallons of the stuff to give away. I used to get my contacts and solutions shipped from the UK, but I no longer need them as I've had LASIK surgery and I am one happy camper!

It would be a shame to throw it away so if anyone wants to collect it from my home in Cabarete, you're more than welcome.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hi if anyone needs Bausch & Lomb ReNu multi purpose solution please send me a PM.

I have gallons of the stuff to give away. I used to get my contacts and solutions shipped from the UK, but I no longer need them as I've had LASIK surgery and I am one happy camper!

Tell me about the LASIK surgery, I'm seriously thinking about having it done when I'm in the UK in a couple of weeks.

Did you have it done in the DR or other? Costs etc?

Thanks!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'm out of the country at the moment, but if you still have some left, i'll take whatever - I'll come to Cabarete - I live in Sosua - be back probably end October - waiting to hear the new rules regarding residency, etc. Thanks for the offer.
Ro

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would like a bottle, if possible. i am in POP but i can haul my myopic butt to cabarete. what other excuse i need to visit the belgium bakery? :)

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Tell me about the LASIK surgery, I'm seriously thinking about having it done when I'm in the UK in a couple of weeks.

Did you have it done in the DR or other? Costs etc?

Thanks!

Had it done in Fort Lauderdale back in Feb this year. Dr Galitis was my doctor South Florida LASIK Fort Lauderdale | Boca Raton Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma Treatment | Ophthalmology Consultants Margate FL supposedly one of the best top ten opthalmic surgeons in the US.

I had the custom wavefront LASIK with the bladeless Ziemer incision. I suffered from a strong astigmatism, almost 5 diopters in each eye. When I left the clinic after the procedure I had 20/20 vision. Now after a few months it has settled down I have 20/15 (which coincidentally is better than 20/20). Night vision is great. No starbursts or halos. Just a little dry eye every now and then, so I've got used to keeping a bottle of artificial tears in my pocket.

Cost was $4,800 for both eyes and includes any "touch-ups" I might need to get perfect vision up to one year.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dude, hats off. i was always very much in two minds about it. on one hand it is great to be able to see. on the other hand there is no 100% guarantee of success and potential side effects suck.
my sight is very bad, close to -7 now (different for each eye) and doctors tell me it is most likely genetic. in the last few years it did stop progressing but no one knows how the situation will develop.

good for you, thou. i hope the effect will last and you will never have to worry about glasses/lenses again :)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
@dv8, I was a -7 too, wore contacts since I was a teen. I developed cataract in my 40s [they tell me that's not unusual for bad myopic patients] and since the cataract surgery I don't need glasses.

@Beeza, very interesting. My son looked into Lasik several years ago, and they said he wasn't a candidate because of astigmatism. Sounds like things have changed, I'll have to tell him to check it out again.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
@dv8, I was a -7 too, wore contacts since I was a teen. I developed cataract in my 40s [they tell me that's not unusual for bad myopic patients] and since the cataract surgery I don't need glasses.

@Beeza, very interesting. My son looked into Lasik several years ago, and they said he wasn't a candidate because of astigmatism. Sounds like things have changed, I'll have to tell him to check it out again.
Sometimes Lasik isn't the best answer. I know it maybe rare side effect but my friend got it done awhile back and he has a trouble driving at night ever since. I was going to get one since I have poor eye sight but he told me to wait until all the doctors go to Lasik as their eye fix. And since couple of young doctors I visited before I left NJ still wore eye glasses, I will live with these darn glasses for now...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Laser surgery, if done well, should not cause night blindness at all. Are you sure he did not get the older method done, where they made small incisions in the cornea? That caused night blindness big time if you had a serious astigmatism or myopia.

The surgery now still has its limits. I used to have a friend who had -17D in both eyes (genetic as well), and the best surgeon in Belgium told him they could only correct something like -11D. Mind you, this was a number of years ago. He still went ahead, and was very happy as he ended up with something like -7D in each eye. A huge improvement for him.

BelgianK

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Me too please. Almost impossible to get decent solution in this country so that would be great. Will ask Shirley to call to arrange pick up and thanks so much.

Matilda

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I had mine done in Colombia a few years ago. $300 each eye. I'm glad I did I had worn glasses for half acentury and don't need them any more. Doctors in the DR should be able to do a fine job. Why go outside for it?
Der Fish

When I last asked around a few months ago, custom wavefront surgery with the blade less incision was not available in the DR. This is cutting edge. more accurate and the reason I have been looking at the UK and USA.

The pricing in the UK is almost the same as the USA for the above procedure.