Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contact lens solution

Hi if anyone needs Bausch & Lomb ReNu multi purpose solution please send me a PM.

I have gallons of the stuff to give away. I used to get my contacts and solutions shipped from the UK, but I no longer need them as I've had LASIK surgery and I am one happy camper!

It would be a shame to throw it away so if anyone wants to collect it from my home in Cabarete, you're more than welcome.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I live in Cabarete and would use it here is my number 8295592056 or [email protected] thank you and you could let me know where to come for it

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Hi if anyone needs Bausch & Lomb ReNu multi purpose solution please send me a PM.

I have gallons of the stuff to give away. I used to get my contacts and solutions shipped from the UK, but I no longer need them as I've had LASIK surgery and I am one happy camper!
    Tell me about the LASIK surgery, I'm seriously thinking about having it done when I'm in the UK in a couple of weeks.

Did you have it done in the DR or other? Costs etc?

Thanks!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm out of the country at the moment, but if you still have some left, i'll take whatever - I'll come to Cabarete - I live in Sosua - be back probably end October - waiting to hear the new rules regarding residency, etc. Thanks for the offer.
    Ro

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i would like a bottle, if possible. i am in POP but i can haul my myopic butt to cabarete. what other excuse i need to visit the belgium bakery?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Tell me about the LASIK surgery, I'm seriously thinking about having it done when I'm in the UK in a couple of weeks.

Did you have it done in the DR or other? Costs etc?

Thanks!
    Had it done in Fort Lauderdale back in Feb this year. Dr Galitis was my doctor South Florida LASIK Fort Lauderdale | Boca Raton Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma Treatment | Ophthalmology Consultants Margate FL supposedly one of the best top ten opthalmic surgeons in the US.

I had the custom wavefront LASIK with the bladeless Ziemer incision. I suffered from a strong astigmatism, almost 5 diopters in each eye. When I left the clinic after the procedure I had 20/20 vision. Now after a few months it has settled down I have 20/15 (which coincidentally is better than 20/20). Night vision is great. No starbursts or halos. Just a little dry eye every now and then, so I've got used to keeping a bottle of artificial tears in my pocket.

Cost was $4,800 for both eyes and includes any "touch-ups" I might need to get perfect vision up to one year.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

dude, hats off. i was always very much in two minds about it. on one hand it is great to be able to see. on the other hand there is no 100% guarantee of success and potential side effects suck.
    my sight is very bad, close to -7 now (different for each eye) and doctors tell me it is most likely genetic. in the last few years it did stop progressing but no one knows how the situation will develop.

good for you, thou. i hope the effect will last and you will never have to worry about glasses/lenses again

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

@dv8, I was a -7 too, wore contacts since I was a teen. I developed cataract in my 40s [they tell me that's not unusual for bad myopic patients] and since the cataract surgery I don't need glasses.

@Beeza, very interesting. My son looked into Lasik several years ago, and they said he wasn't a candidate because of astigmatism. Sounds like things have changed, I'll have to tell him to check it out again.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    @dv8, I was a -7 too, wore contacts since I was a teen. I developed cataract in my 40s [they tell me that's not unusual for bad myopic patients] and since the cataract surgery I don't need glasses.

@Beeza, very interesting. My son looked into Lasik several years ago, and they said he wasn't a candidate because of astigmatism. Sounds like things have changed, I'll have to tell him to check it out again.
    Sometimes Lasik isn't the best answer. I know it maybe rare side effect but my friend got it done awhile back and he has a trouble driving at night ever since. I was going to get one since I have poor eye sight but he told me to wait until all the doctors go to Lasik as their eye fix. And since couple of young doctors I visited before I left NJ still wore eye glasses, I will live with these darn glasses for now...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Laser surgery, if done well, should not cause night blindness at all. Are you sure he did not get the older method done, where they made small incisions in the cornea? That caused night blindness big time if you had a serious astigmatism or myopia.

The surgery now still has its limits. I used to have a friend who had -17D in both eyes (genetic as well), and the best surgeon in Belgium told him they could only correct something like -11D. Mind you, this was a number of years ago. He still went ahead, and was very happy as he ended up with something like -7D in each eye. A huge improvement for him.

BelgianK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast