Muskrat Love*...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
(*If you're having trouble making sense of the title of this thread, "Muskrat Love" is a song from the 1970's that was recorded by various bands. It's about two muskrats in love. Read on and you'll get the connection)

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to share this tale of true love with everyone because it illustrates just how crazy some people can be. However judgmental and self-righteous some DR1 members are about men and women going to the DR looking for love in all the wrong places, maybe there is a method to their madness when you realize the shenanigans that go on in the developed world, where desperation isn't the driving force in relationships and the type of men women choose to date.

I have a friend whose brother just got out of prison after serving 11 or so years. By all accounts this guy was one of the bad guys, having his profile featured on "America's Most Wanted" when he was on the run. After a stint as an escaped fugitive, his mother found out he was caught when she passed a newsstand and saw her son's mug splashed on the front cover of one of the local dailies.

Dominican mothers being Dominican mothers, her statement to the press was typical-"Mi hijo no hizo na"!!!"

Of course not...

I'm not going to list the crimes he was charged and convicted of, but listening to the war stories, he apparently got away with a lot more than what he did time for. I thought this was a case of embellished gangster tales for the sake of increasing his reputation as a street thug, but I did my research and yes, he was the real deal.

After serving his time, he was recently released. For those of you who are having a difficult time finding employment in this tough economy, your best bet would be to do a stint in jail because somehow this guy had a job waiting for him upon release as an electrician's assistant. This was the trade he took up while in the slammer, and he was practically in work clothes the second he got out.

Ah, but it gets better. He also, after 11 years of incarceration, where even the strongest ghetto-love ties would have been torn asunder, had a woman waiting for him. Get this-she's a DENTIST. Not a dental assistant, but a D-E-N-T-I-S-T. With her own office and staff. I never got the story as to how they met, but together they are.

When I was speaking to her during his honorary welcome-back party, I was stunned. This woman is youthful, very nice-looking and obviously well-educated. This guy is still in his early 30's like she is (he was arrested when he was 21), but he's an ex-con with some seriously violent felonies on his rap sheet who has no formal education to speak of and has spent all of his formative adult years committing crimes, on the run from the law and finally in a maximum security penitentiary*.

(*I know what some of you ladies are thinking as you read this-this guy sounds like quite a catch!!! Where was I when he got out of the joint?)

The dentist gave my friend and I a stirring soliloquy of true love, that she didn't care if her new boyfriend worked or not because she has everything set up in her apartment for both of them. All she wants is-get this-for him not to cheat on her*. Nothing like two muskrats in love.

(*Real life mimics the Olympic Games. When going for the gold, you must make sure your expectations are as high as possible. Even if you don't do well in the preliminary heats, never take your eyes off the prize)

I was the only person at this party who wasn't drunk, and I now regret this decision after listening to this story straight from the horses' mouth. The only good news is that I was offered a discount on some of my basic dental needs. Eat your heart out of Dental Cibao*.

(*Sarcasm duly noted)

Last edited by a moderator:

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
WOW! Fantastic story!

(*If you're having trouble making sense of the title of this thread, "Muskrat Love" is a song from the 1970's that was recorded by various bands. It's about two muskrats in love. Read on and you'll get the connection)

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to share this tale of true love with everyone because it illustrates just how crazy some people can be. However judgmental and self-righteous some DR1 members are about men and women going to the DR looking for love in all the wrong places, maybe there is a method to their madness when you realize the shenanigans that go on in the developed world, where desperation isn't the driving force in relationships and the type of men women choose to date.

I have a friend whose brother just got out of prison after serving 11 or so years. By all accounts this guy was one of the bad guys, having his profile featured on "America's Most Wanted" when he was on the run. After a stint as an escaped fugitive, his mother found out he was caught when she passed a newsstand and saw her son's mug splashed on the front cover of one of the local dailies.

Dominican mothers being Dominican mothers, her statement to the press was typical-"Mi hijo no hizo na"!!!"

Of course not...

I'm not going to list the crimes he was charged and convicted of, but listening to the war stories, he apparently got away with a lot more than what he did time for. I thought this was a case of embellished gangster tales for the sake of increasing one's reputation as a street thug, but I did my research and yes, he was the real deal.

After serving his time, he was recently released. For those of you who are having a difficult time finding employment in this tough economy, your best bet would be to do a stint in jail because somehow this guy had a job waiting for him upon release as an electrician's assistant. This was the trade he took up while in the slammer, and he was practically in work clothes the second he got out.

Ah, but it gets better. He also, after 11 years of incarceration, where even the strongest ghetto-love ties would have been torn asunder, had a woman waiting for him. Get this-she's a DENTIST. Not a dentists' assistant, but a D-E-N-T-I-S-T. With her own office and staff. I never got the story as to how they met, but together they are.

When I was speaking to her during his honorary welcome-back party, I was stunned. This woman is youthful, very nice-looking and obviously well-educated. This guy is still in his early 30's like she is (he was arrested when he was 21), but he's an ex-con with some seriously violent felonies on his rap sheet who has no formal education to speak of and has spent all of his formative adult years committing crimes, on the run from the law and finally in a maximum security penitentiary*.

(*I know what some of you ladies are thinking as you read this-this guy sounds like quite a catch!!! Where was I when he got out of the joint?)

The dentist gave my friend and I a stirring soliloquy of true love, that she didn't care if her new boyfriend worked or not because she has everything set up in her apartment for both of them. All she wants is-get this-for him not to cheat on her*. Nothing like two muskrats in love.

(*Real life mimics the Olympic Games. When going for the gold, you must make sure your expectations are as high as possible. Even if you don't do well in the preliminary heats, never take our eyes off the prize)

I was the only person at this party who wasn't drunk, and I now regret this decision after listening to this story straight from the horses' mouth. The only good news is that I was offered a discount on some of my basic dental needs. Eat your heart of Dental Cibao*.

(*Sarcasm duly noted)

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Like the saying goes... to get some people to straighten up is like pulling teeth :speechles

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I made a few mistakes that need correcting. I sent Bronxboy a pm but just in case another mod reads this first, please make the corrections and delete this post.

Below are the sentences where the mistakes are. The words in bold are the corrections. It's only four words in total but I need them corrected so they make sense.

Thanks!!!

1) I thought this was a case of embellished gangster tales for the sake of increasing his reputation as a street thug, but I did my research and yes, he was the real deal.

2) Not a dental assistant, but a D-E-N-T-I-S-T.

3) (*Real life mimics the Olympic Games. When going for the gold, you must make sure your expectations are as high as possible. Even if you don't do well in the preliminary heats, never take your eyes off the prize)

4) Eat your heart out Dental Cibao*.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
If you seen some of the "white collar" workers and the all around " GOOD GUY" in action, gang members, drug dealers or ex cons do not even have to break a sweat to get these women.

It starts off her wanting some excitment in her tedious life and she is tired of the GOOD GUY with his flowers, his story of how he RESPECT all women and now he is looking for a wife to start the family he always wanted BORING!!!!!!

The ex con tells her one story how he had to do a nickel on BS armed robbery charge, and she is intrigued how a handsome, smart, kind man can be so dangerous and she LOVES IT. Then once he lays the sex on her she has no chance to walk away from a guy most of the world would not say hello to.

Nice story Berzin I know THOUSANDS of stories very similar to this one.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I made a few mistakes that need correcting. I sent Bronxboy a pm but just in case another mod reads this first, please make the corrections and delete this post.

Below are the sentences where the mistakes are. The words in bold are the corrections. It's only four words in total but I need them corrected so they make sense.

Thanks!!!

1) I thought this was a case of embellished gangster tales for the sake of increasing his reputation as a street thug, but I did my research and yes, he was the real deal.

2) Not a dental assistant, but a D-E-N-T-I-S-T.

3) (*Real life mimics the Olympic Games. When going for the gold, you must make sure your expectations are as high as possible. Even if you don't do well in the preliminary heats, never take your eyes off the prize)

4) Eat your heart out Dental Cibao*.

Done!!!

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
berzin; YES..true love conquers all...... She will be calling the police for protection soon enough (if she makes it alive) And the feminist will be calling for tougher laws against men, 0 tolerance put the men in jail.

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
Rich men marry strippers and prostitutes all the time. Some people just want that sexual attraction.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Rich men marry strippers and prostitutes all the time. Some people just want that sexual attraction.

I think it's bigger than that. True believers see the potential in a potential spouse vs. their lack of accomplishment and break their backs to create a nurturing environment for that potential.

Our DENTISTA in this story is a true "Captain-Save-A-Ho". They will probably grow successful and old together. Electrician is not a bad trade and the fact that he chooses to work says a lot.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't know...
and don't care how 'electrically charged' the relationship is.

If it was my daughter, I'd turn the tables and locker her up until she came to her senses.
A little time in the penalty box to rethink things.

Flamesuit fitting very nicely - comfy !:squareeye

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I don't know...
and don't care how 'electrically charged' the relationship is.

If it was my daughter, I'd turn the tables and locker her up until she came to her senses.
A little time in the penalty box to rethink things.

Flamesuit fitting very nicely - comfy !:squareeye

Best way I know to lose a Daughter. Teach them right from wrong before she grows up and trust her to make the right decision. If she's a DENTISTA she's been grown long enough.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You might be right......mine are OK so far (29, 26).... That doesn't mean you stop parenting

There is no auto pilot here.....

Greyman.... do you stop parenting? At what point do you NOT advise.
When is the job over?

My answer = NEVER ??

To each his/her own.

I learned from my parents on their deathbeds....

No fat lady singing yet

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Some folks just love "fixer uppers". ! Unfortunately, rehabilitation success rate is very low.

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
I think it's bigger than that. True believers see the potential in a potential spouse vs. their lack of accomplishment and break their backs to create a nurturing environment for that potential.

Our DENTISTA in this story is a true "Captain-Save-A-Ho". They will probably grow successful and old together. Electrician is not a bad trade and the fact that he chooses to work says a lot.

You are right that it is more than that, but it's the attraction that allows you to do that or overlook certain fatal flaws.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Electrician is not a bad trade and the fact that he chooses to work says a lot.

He is on parole for the next five years, and I believe part of the agreement is he has to hold down a job.

A little insight into the psyche of these types of dudes-he stated he'd rather do the five years parole in prison, because to him the strict guidelines was just like being in jail. And since he was one of those hard rocks who supposedly "ran shiit" in jail, he apparently had it good. Why come outside and be a nobody?

When his friends and family members nodded in agreement, I knew I was in a different world.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
You might be right......mine are OK so far (29, 26).... That doesn't mean you stop parenting

There is no auto pilot here.....

Greyman.... do you stop parenting? At what point do you NOT advise.
When is the job over?

My answer = NEVER ??

To each his/her own.

I learned from my parents on their deathbeds....

No fat lady singing yet

Of course you never stop parenting, offering advice and voicing concern over their best interests. My point is that after the age of sufferage is reached there is no "locking down" your offspring. Their lives are theirs to live and your advice is only one of many influences in their decision making processes.

My oldest will be 37 this year and she has a husband and 4 kids of her own. Sure I can offer her advice and the benefit of my experience but imagine trying to "lock her up until she came to her senses". What the heck does that even consist of, anyway?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It was a figure of speech - are you imagining a dark , locked room in the cellar?
Thats not what i meant at all.

Now gentle chiding isn't my style either.... I am rather vocal .
Hopefully rational, but still forceful.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
You are right that it is more than that, but it's the attraction that allows you to do that or overlook certain fatal flaws.

I don't believe in fatal flaws. It is my opionion and my experience that some people can recover from past mistakes. I have seen it happen. If the electrician in this story and everyone else like him is beyond redemption then why bother with rehabilitation at all?

Why not just give all first offenders the lethal injection and be done with them? They are obviously 'fatally flawed'.

I'll tell you why. It's the same reason why they put erasers on pencils. There are different kinds of people who get caught up in the corrections system. Some are desperate and without hope. Some are just plain evil. Some only need the chance to do and be better. Many of the worst criminals I've known of have never been to prison. Some even wear badges and are sworn to "protect and serve" the public while actually protecting and serving their own greed and self interests. No, there are far more than two kinds of people in the World and I'm not qualified to judge any of them. I can only judge what they do.