Samsung galaxy phone without SIM CARD!!!! Can't hook up to orange orclaro TRI 3vivas

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
i just found out my samsung has no f..c.ing SIM CARD and that I cannot connect with Claro or orange .there is only a TRI something company (is that viva ) any body know how good this company is on the north coast . As if I have a f....... Choice. . Lol Oh well guess I have to sell. Anybody have a tempory solution let me know I don't want a long term contact thx

eldanes

Apr 6, 2011
Ehhh.....

i just found out my samsung has no f..c.ing SIM CARD and that I cannot connect with Claro or orange .there is only a TRI something company (is that viva ) any body know how good this company is on the north coast . As if I have a f....... Choice. . Lol Oh well guess I have to sell. Anybody have a tempory solution let me know I don't want a long term contact thx

Ehhh, what is the question?

You have a Samsung.... Samsung what? Samsung has many products like TVs, Washing machines, Air Cond. Home cinema systems, Tab, mobiles, touch remotes.... You name it.

I will take a wild guess since you mention SIM. A Samsung mobile/cel.
So, if I am right which model and frequency does it run? Is it a quad band phone? Are you perhaps refering to the fact the new Samsung Galaxy S III has a mini SIM and not a standard SIM card?

If you give a little more details I may be able to help.

Many thanks,
Eldan?s

eldanes

Apr 6, 2011
ADDED: I should perhaps read the post header.

However, I still have no idea what your question is.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If it is locked to Viva then you need to unlock it, send AZB a pm with the IEMI number and he might beable to find the code for you, he's the resident android, Samsung fanatic.
Viva reception I'd dreadful, my wife had one and we could never hear each other, either me her or her me. Also there are many dead zones where there is no reception at all. In our experience on the Southcoast you are better off sending a letter than trying to communicate through Viva.
i think they are relatively new no?
im not up to date on these things but know it was a bad move trying them.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
The poster wants the Samsung Galaxy phone ( I am guessing S2 or S3) to have a SIM card. So basically GSM since it seems that he unfortunately has a CDMA version of the phone. I am sure it is available just have to dig around for it :)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
SIM FREE and SIM CARD

Samsung Galaxy S3 Sim Free Unlocked Android Mobile Phone I9300 - Pebble Blue 8806085062313 | eBay

This is what the poster should be looking for. The Samsung Galaxy from Europe function with SIM cards.
AZB had a few posts on the forum before about his tablet phone i believe he got from Europe as well....not sure, it's expensive to buy unless he has the connections....good luck!

I know this link says SIM free, however it does run on a GSM network, there is a version out there that does use SIM but i think is named differently...:ermm:

Last edited:

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S3 Sim Free Unlocked Android Mobile Phone I9300 - Pebble Blue 8806085062313 | eBay

This is what the poster should be looking for. The Samsung Galaxy from Europe function with SIM cards.
AZB had a few posts on the forum before about his tablet phone i believe he got from Europe as well....not sure, it's expensive to buy unless he has the connections....good luck!

I know this link says SIM free, however it does run on a GSM network, there is a version out there that does use SIM but i think is named differently...:ermm:
If you are in US and don't want to deal with Ebay and slow shipping I would get one of this...
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Unlocked Phone--International Version (Blue): Cell Phones & Accessories
I am debating hard on should I buy this do-all unit or not. :'(

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
This is a Samsung galaxy s11 Model SCHR7601BU 16 gb I TOOK IT to the Claro store and the orange store and both said It does not has place to put a sim card in it . I got it off eBay INDIGO BLUE US CELLULAR and that's all I know .i did not know that expensive models were made in today's world withou sims so I just learned a new thing ....wbrjxklem,shi....t

beyondnyc

Feb 23, 2012
You need to find someone who can get a code to put into your phone to unlock it. This is what you have to do when you buy a locked phone. And it would have been easier if you got one with a sim card. But it is possible. The code will cost about 1000 -1500 pesos. Then you can bring it to the company of your choice and connect it. Tricom works good to. Hope this helps. Usually when you go into a mall and see the cell phone stores they can get the code for you. They go online and purchase it through the company. Don't believe them if they want like 2500 pesos or something crazy.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Only viva and tricom use cdma, find out which of the two has better service in the areas you frequent and activate it. Viva uses both cdma and gsm(chip), so when you ask about service area, ask about cdma. Or try to sell the phone and get a gsm model.

eldanes

Apr 6, 2011
For what it's worth, any phone running android is going to give you a lot of headaches if you try to synchronize it with a pop account.

JDJones, what a load of BS.

I have a Galaxy SIII and it is working perfectly fine on 2 X POP mail accounts and one Hotmail.

eldanes

Apr 6, 2011
This is a Samsung galaxy s11 Model SCHR7601BU 16 gb I TOOK IT to the Claro store and the orange store and both said It does not has place to put a sim card in it . I got it off eBay INDIGO BLUE US CELLULAR and that's all I know .i did not know that expensive models were made in today's world withou sims so I just learned a new thing ....wbrjxklem,shi....t

As mentioned and as per what you write above it seems you have got yourself a CDMA phone which as you have found out does not use SIM cards. This is not the most popular choice on mobile phone these days.
However, if you look at CDG : Worldwide : Worldwide you will see who offers CDMA services in DR.

Form that web site I would use Tricom as they host both 800 and 1900 MHz phones and as you probably does not know which of the two frequencies your phone support you are better off with an operator who offer both frequencies.

Tricom Puerto Plata
27 de Febrero #75
Tel?fonos: 809 471-5005

Horario de servicio: Lunes - Viernes De 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM S?bados: de 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Caja: Lunes - Viernes De 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM S?bados: de 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Last edited:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I did the same...

bought the sprint version...I sold mine new in the box on Craigslist... There is a reason why it's a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than the international version. There is a thread about it here somewhere. Good luck

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
eldanes is spot on. tricom still works with CDMA. if the phone is unlocked just activate it with tricom and off you go. taking the simlock... more problematic. if the phone is from verizon you may find/buy the code online to unlock your phone.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Claro supports CDMA the last I heard. However, the service is not that good as the technology is old. The best option is to sell it in the US on ebay unfortunately.

agw

Feb 14, 2010
Yes this is correct I have CDMA version ! What does that mean?
It means you have a phone using older technology that is being phased out in many parts of the world. When I was shopping for a pay as you go phone to use while in the States I was surprised to see that CDMA was still used as much as it is in the USA. Except for rural/remote areas it is being phased out here in Canada. Still have it where I live, but not that many takers as the phones offered now are older models and the plans aren't great. I made sure to buy my USA one with a sim card.

The cheapest/easiest option for you may be to just purchase a Dominican PrePaid phone and buy from the carrier with the best service in your area of the D.R. I have an Orange phone and my boyfriend has an older Claro one. Both seem to work fine anywhere we've been. I use Orange now as it's cheaper than Claro to call Canada. No contract, just buy minutes as you need them.

Good Luck