Directions from POP to Santiago airport

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are in POP. You get on a Metro or Caribe Tour bus, get off in Santiago (if Caribe Tour, the second stop), and take a RD$500 taxi ride.

If you want to go cheap take a PA public car to the airport.

HB

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
How about la carretera 21 instead of 25, supposedly 25 is pretty bad while 21 is fairly decent.
I took 21 a couple of weeks ago and it was quite a nice drive, also lots of high-end suv's driving towards Cabarete.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
??? Man you el>???? Come on, no " in Manuel...
NOBODY in this country can tell you a Highway number.
You have the " tunnel road to Navarrete"
You have the Carretera Turistica Luperon
You have the Jamao road to Moca

Take your choice...

HB

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
it also depends on the time of day:

good daylight and no rushhour - take the navarette route
good daylight and rushhour - if you are on the airport side of POP try the carretera turistica (check if it's closed for flooding first)
no daylight - always take the navarette route
if you are close to Cabarete and have daylight - consider theroad to Jamao and Moca
if you have some time and want to see the sights - take the Jamao and Moca road, it is one of th emost beautiful routes in the country and has the added advantage of taking you more or less straight to the airport

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Is this really a good route? My GPS also was showing this route but someone told me it's better to take alternate route since the road is really really bad. "Take 1 then 5 for comfortable and faster route to Puerto Plata." This is what he told me. I haven't gone though other route so I don't know.

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
Navarrete (5) is supposed to be pretty good (not as mountainy)
The Turistica (25) not as good and longer
Jamao/Moca (21) is nice but not as fast as Navarrete more switchbacks and whatnot

MerengueDutchie pretty much nailed it.