Banking Assistance Sought Please......

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Does anyone have their pension or other payments sent directly to Scotiabank here in the DR?

My pension administrators have recently changed and now demand an eight figure Bank/Branch code, not SWIFT, in order to send my pension to my account at Scotiabank.

The Bank can provide the branch code, for Puerto Plata, 02105, but are unable to provide the three figure Bank code for Scotiabank ................. the staff are completely bewildered if I ask for anything other than SWIFT.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks.

FB.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Does anyone have their pension or other payments sent directly to Scotiabank here in the DR?

My pension administrators have recently changed and now demand an eight figure Bank/Branch code, not SWIFT, in order to send my pension to my account at Scotiabank.

The Bank can provide the branch code, for Puerto Plata, 02105, but are unable to provide the three figure Bank code for Scotiabank ................. the staff are completely bewildered if I ask for anything other than SWIFT.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks.

FB.
If I were you I would steer clear on Scotia, they froze my account multiple times for simple wiring $2k. I had to send them proof of employment here in the US and they even called my employer. It would be ok if it were only once but this happened every single time I wired money; not alot either, all under $3k, seperated weeks apart. So I switched to Banco Popular and no issues. Why dont you try another bank?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I agree, I have no problems with Banco Popular, wired money gets into my account about 4 days after leaving the UK.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I use ScotiaBank in both RD and Canada - never had a problem.
I wire minimum $5k and often more tham $10k.... transfers in 2 days usually.

If the OP's $$$ are originating from Canada, they should be able to unscramble the bank codes.
Usually its in those numberrs runningalong the bottom of the check in front of the account number.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
The bank codes are not scrambled. ISO 9362

SWIFT BBBBCCRRXXX BBBB Bank Code Eg NOSC The Bank of NOva SCotia
CC Country Code CA Canada DO Dominican Republic
RR City Code TT Toronto SX Santo Domingo
XXX Branch Code XXX Actually means Primary Office Assumed when only 8 Characters are specified

ALWAYS USE 11 Character SWIFT codes

I agree Banco Popular is better.

Keiser777

Feb 18, 2008
in Canada scotiabank's 3 digit bank code is 002,I don't know whwtehr it's teh same for DR's scotia