My Little Mule Pepe lives Another Day !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
That's what I call my scooter with 8000 miles/ km whatever.

I am on my way to Cabarete for some tacos and the transmission / belt breaks.

A man on a scooter with an exterminator back pack on stops and pushes me to the mechanic which is 3 miles away.

I give the man 300 pesos as I am now at Mechanico David who will fix the bike.

I hire another moto to take me to gorditos for lunch and I invited him to join me but he waited outside.

We go back to David mechanico and I brought some burrritos for all to share and they were gobbled up immediately.

I said I needed to return to Sosua asap for a conference call and off I go again!

2 hours later my bike was returned to Sosua and I was astonished that the total cost was $550 rd when the Charamicos mechanicos charge 2k RD for the same thing.

Needless to say I gave the balance as a good will gesture.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Wrong.. .on so many levels.. LOL.. why not give him an extra hundred, instead of paying him what you THINK the other mechanic would have charged?

The balance was from the 1000 pesos I gave him not the 2000 pesos someone else would charge.

Mechanico David is located about 70% of the way from Sosua to cabarete and are located on the highway next to the learning center.

What is unique about this location is it is located next to a road which goes into the Barrios.

This is a family run organization and many people in the Barrio come here for water and to have laundry done and David's mother owns this place and she is the matriarch of the community.

When I saw those 6 people eating those burritos their eyes lit up like christmas trees!

Next week I am going to cook a turkey and deliver it to this small community...of course I will still have lunch in Charamicos!

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
The balance was from the 1000 pesos I gave him not the 2000 pesos someone else would charge.

Mechanico David is located about 70% of the way from Sosua to cabarete and are located on the highway next to the learning center.

What is unique about this location is it is located next to a road which goes into the Barrios.

HAHAHA cracking up here... most entradas have a taller next to the entrance to service the moto's that are usually waiting there for business after the gua-gua drops off the people living there

This is a family run organization and many people in the Barrio come here for water and to have laundry done and David's mother owns this place and she is the matriarch of the community.

When I saw those 6 people eating those burritos their eyes lit up like christmas trees!

Next week I am going to cook a turkey and deliver it to this small community...of course I will still have lunch in Charamicos!

Nothing to see here.......just making sure all gringos are going to be gouged next time they visit.

It didn't occur to you that they 'friend' from Charamicos was charging you inflated prices? You should tell him to come down to RD$ 550, instead of inflating the other guys price...

If you want to contribute to charity (which is always a good thing) go through the 'proper channels' and give to the local churches or relief organization. But you won't get to feel like king of the hill when they receive their help :)

Last edited:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If you want to contribute to charity (which is always a good thing) go through the 'proper channels' and give to the local churches or relief organization. But you won't get to feel like king of the hill when they receive their help

==============================================================

Go through " proper channels " you must be kidding...lol

I like to donate directly so nothing gets skimmed off the top

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
another do-gooder :)

If you want to contribute to charity (which is always a good thing) go through the 'proper channels' and give to the local churches or relief organization. But you won't get to feel like king of the hill when they receive their help

Are you sure it has nothing to do with feeling like the king of the hill because you are the one giving aid directly?

Are you sure your aid goes directly to those who need it most?

Are you sure you know better than the church/local charity which families need help?

You are free to do as you like but please own up to the real reasons (you get to feel big and do you really think a family that owns a taller is the one that needs help the most) and face the real consequences (you inflate the prices for anyone, instead of telling the Charamicos shark to lower his prices)..

Btw you never reacted to any of my other and more salient points...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Mike, I bet you never knew you needed dr1 approval on how to spend your money!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Yes, Mike, what were you thinking??? You are a bad boy...

Were you disillusional when you decided to treat those people, who went out of their way to help you, to burritos? Now everytime a gringo will have his moto repaired, they will want a burrito as well!!!

And now you will be treating them to a turkey-dinner as well???

Mind you, this is not the first time you show such despicable behavior.
- Why the hell do you insist on making, and donating lemon pies to help out Rocky's thanksgiving dinner? And why do you insist on buying a couple of meals at that dinner? You know that the money raised at that dinner will go to buy presents for undeserving kids in Sosua!
- Why the hell do you do the same at the Jolly Roger. You know that is not a recognized charity!!!
- Why the hell do you make sandwiches for the local kids from your left-over turkey christmass dinner??? If you keep on doing that, they will expect every gringo to do so! Oh, I forgot, we did the same.

You really have to stop that unresponsable behavior. Why don't you act normal, and just drop a couple of hundred pesos at the local charity, or local church. That way you ensure that you do not have to make an effort yourself.

Oh, and next christmass, drop the rest of the turkey of at the pastor of the local church. This way you have no effort, no extra cost, and you know he will have another nice meal.

Start thinking, man!!!

BelgianK

PS... for some here, yes I am being sarcastic...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike, I bet you never knew you needed dr1 approval on how to spend your money!

I told a few people today in Cabarete that i could not give them 10 pesos because I had to go through proper channels.

I should take pictures of the people I deny and send a PM to senior cheapskate.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Yes, Mike, what were you thinking??? You are a bad boy...

Were you disillusional when you decided to treat those people, who went out of their way to help you, to burritos? Now everytime a gringo will have his moto repaired, they will want a burrito as well!!!

And now you will be treating them to a turkey-dinner as well???

Mind you, this is not the first time you show such despicable behavior.
- Why the hell do you insist on making, and donating lemon pies to help out Rocky's thanksgiving dinner? And why do you insist on buying a couple of meals at that dinner? You know that the money raised at that dinner will go to buy presents for undeserving kids in Sosua!
- Why the hell do you do the same at the Jolly Roger. You know that is not a recognized charity!!!
- Why the hell do you make sandwiches for the local kids from your left-over turkey christmass dinner??? If you keep on doing that, they will expect every gringo to do so! Oh, I forgot, we did the same.

You really have to stop that unresponsable behavior. Why don't you act normal, and just drop a couple of hundred pesos at the local charity, or local church. That way you ensure that you do not have to make an effort yourself.

Oh, and next christmass, drop the rest of the turkey of at the pastor of the local church. This way you have no effort, no extra cost, and you know he will have another nice meal.

Start thinking, man!!!

BelgianK

PS... for some here, yes I am being sarcastic...

Everytime I post a random act of kindness some wise guy has to chime in with their negative attitude.

The DR is the cheapest island in the Caribbean and it comes with SOME PEOPLE that cannot afford to go elsewhere!