fish store in cabarete

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
has anyone had any experience with the fish place thats right past janets on the way out of cabarete? was wondering if fish were fresh and prices reasonable.
thanks for any info

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
thanks oriole . is it frozen like most fish in dr as in fish 60 % water 40%? that is the fish place thats on the same side as janets and down almost below street level before blanco,s breakfast restaurant

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
not trying to steal the topic... but uptill now I bought my fish from the fishunion in Los Charamicos, as you can get fresh fish there (not frozen). I also saw a new fishplace, in the small street from the small Playero, to the big Playero in Sosua.

To the OP... what I have also done is gone to Kiosko beach and asked Johnny when his fishguy came and his phonenumber. The fishguy, Johnny Pescador, is reliable, has good prices and very fresh fish. I lost his phonenumber as I switched phones and data got lost. If you call him, you can even try to order certain fish the day before, and if he catches them he keeps them for you.

BelgianK

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
It's not like in the store. Fresh, they just throw it in the freezer. What we've had has been ok.