Is there a Craigslist equivalent in the Dominican Republic?

Greg81

Aug 12, 2012
Does anyone know if there is a website like Craigslist in the DR that is popular? The real Craigslist has a Dominican Republic section but it is not used by many people.

Thanks

Greg81

Aug 12, 2012
Thanks for the info. I'm not looking for anything right now. I have a friend in Santiago and I want to send her some things she can sell to make some money. I have quite few new articles of clothing that I have no need for and I don't have the time to sell them myself.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Thanks for the info. I'm not looking for anything right now. I have a friend in Santiago and I want to send her some things she can sell to make some money. I have quite few new articles of clothing that I have no need for and I don't have the time to sell them myself.

What I meant is to use the website eMarket.do. They have the most traffic in DR for online classifieds.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
La Pulga Virtual - Pagina Principal
How about one that AlterEgo mentioned? Just checking out all the options.

Mentioning Craigslist remind me when I first did Craigslist transaction. It scare the crap out of me and even I set setting up meeting place in cafe near police station. I wonder how much precaution do you have to take, if you do transaction here.

We've never sold anything through La Pulga, but we've bought some great stuff.

Last thing was a beautiful antique mahogany dining room set that was absolutely what we wanted - a young couple in SD-este had it and bought a new "modern" one that will probably only last a few years. The one we bought will be here long after we're gone. Ridiculously cheap, I think it was 8000 pesos.

As far as being careful when selling online - that's common sense. About 5 miles from where I live in NJ a guy put something on Craigslist, and when the buyer showed up to see it he pulled a gun to rob the guy - who was a Corrections Officer and had a gun too. He shot the guy. FAILED ROBBERY RESULTS IN DEADLY SHOOTING INVOLVING OFF DUTY CORRECTIONS OFFICER - NBC40.net