Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Day Care in Saniago...

My wife has been on me again about our son. I understand that christian school will be opening next week and my wife would like to send our 2 years old there. The problem is I heard that until certain age it's all same and we don't know if there's a space opening or not. I am going to send her along with her friend to see if there's opening there. Just in case they don't have any opening. I am going to talk to my wife about sending our son to day care since son is only 25 months old and still wears diapers. I wonder if there's good place where I can send my son for three days. I prefer English or bilingual place. Are there upscale day care center in Santiago and how much should I expect to pay if I send my 2 years to Christian School or very good day care for three days?

I did a search only to find several hundred under "day care" and about 4 pages under "daycare" but no recent posting...

And...
    Since my wife don't have driver's license back yet, is there a day care that pick up and drop off?

Thanks...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

my friends in santiago send their kid to some "school" for a while now, he is 3 years old. they have english classes, meals provided and god knows what else, maybe gold lined pampers because it costs 8k pesos a month. but apparently is soooo good. he goes there 5 days a week, all day.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Where in Santiago are you? There is a school on Carr. Luperon about 1/2 way on the right going up. They have students as young as 2 and I believe bus transport can be arranged. I will get the name for you and post it.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Where in Santiago are you? There is a school on Carr. Luperon about 1/2 way on the right going up. They have students as young as 2 and I believe bus transport can be arranged. I will get the name for you and post it.
    Our house is near Lumijor.

Luperon sounds familiar but then again all the street names sounds familiar....
    Thanks...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    my friends in santiago send their kid to some "school" for a while now, he is 3 years old. they have english classes, meals provided and god knows what else, maybe gold lined pampers because it costs 8k pesos a month. but apparently is soooo good. he goes there 5 days a week, all day.
    Ahhh... Korean wives... Most thinks money is no problem when it comes to child's education....
    but I do have limit...

Still if you can find out the place...

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

You might consider "Nido". This is a very good day care place that is in the nicest neighborhood in Santiago. It costs around 5K a month. The children are taught Spanish and English. It goes from morning to 1 p.m.

There are many, many other that offer good care for children, they really do....Again, if you want to come by here on Saturday we can take a run around the town and look at different places. It is really tough if the wife does not drive. I cannot imagine putting a 2 year old on a bus...sorry.

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You might consider "Nido". This is a very good day care place that is in the nicest neighborhood in Santiago. It costs around 5K a month. The children are taught Spanish and English. It goes from morning to 1 p.m.

There are many, many other that offer good care for children, they really do....Again, if you want to come by here on Saturday we can take a run around the town and look at different places. It is really tough if the wife does not drive. I cannot imagine putting a 2 year old on a bus...sorry.

HB
    HB...

I'll give you a call once I buy a cheap temporary phone.

Thanks...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koreano View Post
    Ahhh... Korean wives... Most thinks money is no problem when it comes to child's education....
    but I do have limit...
    Still if you can find out the place...
    Thanks...
    well, our friends live fairly close to you, off juan pablo duarte, past bellon. and the school is nearby:
    home

GARABATOS:
    carretera don pedro. res. quintas caribe no.1
    telefonos: 809-226-0506. 809-241-9342.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    well, our friends live fairly close to you, off juan pablo duarte, past bellon. and the school is nearby:
    home

GARABATOS:
    carretera don pedro. res. quintas caribe no.1
    telefonos: 809-226-0506. 809-241-9342.
    Do you know there fees?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

8k pesos a month, apparently. for a 3 year old kid. scary, no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast