Day Care in Saniago...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
My wife has been on me again about our son. I understand that christian school will be opening next week and my wife would like to send our 2 years old there. The problem is I heard that until certain age it's all same and we don't know if there's a space opening or not. I am going to send her along with her friend to see if there's opening there. Just in case they don't have any opening. I am going to talk to my wife about sending our son to day care since son is only 25 months old and still wears diapers. I wonder if there's good place where I can send my son for three days. I prefer English or bilingual place. Are there upscale day care center in Santiago and how much should I expect to pay if I send my 2 years to Christian School or very good day care for three days?

I did a search only to find several hundred under "day care" and about 4 pages under "daycare" but no recent posting...

And...
Since my wife don't have driver's license back yet, is there a day care that pick up and drop off?

Thanks...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my friends in santiago send their kid to some "school" for a while now, he is 3 years old. they have english classes, meals provided and god knows what else, maybe gold lined pampers because it costs 8k pesos a month. but apparently is soooo good. he goes there 5 days a week, all day.

May 12, 2005
Where in Santiago are you? There is a school on Carr. Luperon about 1/2 way on the right going up. They have students as young as 2 and I believe bus transport can be arranged. I will get the name for you and post it.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Where in Santiago are you? There is a school on Carr. Luperon about 1/2 way on the right going up. They have students as young as 2 and I believe bus transport can be arranged. I will get the name for you and post it.

Our house is near Lumijor.

Luperon sounds familiar but then again all the street names sounds familiar....
Thanks...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
my friends in santiago send their kid to some "school" for a while now, he is 3 years old. they have english classes, meals provided and god knows what else, maybe gold lined pampers because it costs 8k pesos a month. but apparently is soooo good. he goes there 5 days a week, all day.
Ahhh... Korean wives... Most thinks money is no problem when it comes to child's education....
but I do have limit...

Still if you can find out the place...

Thanks...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might consider "Nido". This is a very good day care place that is in the nicest neighborhood in Santiago. It costs around 5K a month. The children are taught Spanish and English. It goes from morning to 1 p.m.

There are many, many other that offer good care for children, they really do....Again, if you want to come by here on Saturday we can take a run around the town and look at different places. It is really tough if the wife does not drive. I cannot imagine putting a 2 year old on a bus...sorry.

HB

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
You might consider "Nido". This is a very good day care place that is in the nicest neighborhood in Santiago. It costs around 5K a month. The children are taught Spanish and English. It goes from morning to 1 p.m.

There are many, many other that offer good care for children, they really do....Again, if you want to come by here on Saturday we can take a run around the town and look at different places. It is really tough if the wife does not drive. I cannot imagine putting a 2 year old on a bus...sorry.

HB
HB...

I'll give you a call once I buy a cheap temporary phone.

Thanks...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Ahhh... Korean wives... Most thinks money is no problem when it comes to child's education....
but I do have limit...
Still if you can find out the place...
Thanks...

well, our friends live fairly close to you, off juan pablo duarte, past bellon. and the school is nearby:
home

GARABATOS:
carretera don pedro. res. quintas caribe no.1
telefonos: 809-226-0506. 809-241-9342.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
well, our friends live fairly close to you, off juan pablo duarte, past bellon. and the school is nearby:
home

GARABATOS:
carretera don pedro. res. quintas caribe no.1
telefonos: 809-226-0506. 809-241-9342.

Do you know there fees?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i tell you, they must be teaching them kids how to s**t in a gold lined potty because god knows there is nothing more a 3 year old can learn. and the fact that food is included does not convince me either, how much can a toddler eat?
but it is safe, posh and has a teaching philosophy, according to a website. :)

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Garabatos is a good school, it?s also the ?preescolar de moda?right now and at least in Santiago everything happens in waves and there are ceratin parents who need their kids to be doing the ?t?thing, the cool thing. THey have swimming classes for the kids, and gymnastics (it?s part of the megagym complex) plus it?s bilingual (ha) and is based in Spain. It is close to Koreano, but not walkable and the other Korean wives will laugh at his wife because it?s not Christian school, Better if he just spends the 7K USD to get his kid into the 3 hour a day program with dominicans whose english is horrid. SCS pre school is like head start in the USA.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Garabatos is a good school, it?s also the ?preescolar de moda?right now and at least in Santiago everything happens in waves and there are ceratin parents who need their kids to be doing the ?t?thing, the cool thing. THey have swimming classes for the kids, and gymnastics (it?s part of the megagym complex) plus it?s bilingual (ha) and is based in Spain. It is close to Koreano, but not walkable and the other Korean wives will laugh at his wife because it?s not Christian school, Better if he just spends the 7K USD to get his kid into the 3 hour a day program with dominicans whose english is horrid. SCS pre school is like head start in the USA.
Yup....
Koreans here are in worst shape then ever. It feels like most aged men and their wives are stuck back in time. I can't explain this but I always get that feeling of "old tradition are still followed here, don't try to f*ck this up" kind of feeling. And whole this "one up the Joneses" and "it's my way or wrong way" and "you young folks always have to listen to us and follow an orders of old farts" got to go. We are not in Korea any more.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011

LaTeacher, SCS has been going strong for a number of years; at least back in the early 2000s a few friends of mine attended this school and said it was the best of the best. Is it still good? I think you PMed me about it a while ago. Would you happen to know the rate? Thanks!!

May 12, 2005

The name of the school is Centro EBG. It is on Carr. Luperon in Gurabo.