Playa Dorada to Costambar

Charlie Tuna

Dec 2, 2011
morning folks,

Hope you all are doing good. My next vacation is fast approaching, back to the North for some fun 1 month today. This time Im staying for a fortnight in playa dorada in an all inclusive. I plan on going to costambar regularly to visit a friend. Do the concho's travel in that direction or the gua gua's and Im presuming 50 pesos should cover my ride up from the gates of PD?

thanks
Charlie Tuna

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
from the gates of playa dorada you can take guagua C. it will take you through the main street of POP and out of the city. you get off after you pass large texaco station and soon after, a small bridge. just tall the driver: entrada de costambar, por favor. current price for a ride is 25 pesos.

the only problem is that guagua stops not at the gate of costambar but at the beginning of the road leading there. it's about 10 minutes walk to get in, maybe longer, depending where your friend is located. at the corner where the guagua leaves you there should be few motoconchos waiting for the clients. again, say: costambar, por favor. once inside you can direct them to your friend's house and even arrange for them to pick you up and take you to the main road. just like with guagua the current price for a moto ride is 25 pesos. more if they are to take you from the road all the way to the beach.

at night your only option is a taxi. guaguas are far and between and almost no motos.

Chuck Riley.

Oct 23, 2011
morning folks,

Hope you all are doing good. My next vacation is fast approaching, back to the North for some fun 1 month today. This time Im staying for a fortnight in playa dorada in an all inclusive. I plan on going to costambar regularly to visit a friend. Do the concho's travel in that direction or the gua gua's and Im presuming 50 pesos should cover my ride up from the gates of PD?

thanks
Charlie Tuna

Regular to Costambar huh..... does your friend live in Blackbeards ??

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Another way to get to Blackbeards is take any publico to the Hospital. Get off immediately before the Hospital and before the traffic lights (immediately opposite the Parada de Sosua on the other side of the main road). There is a scruffy open area to your right with a few food vendors, etc. The publico route JC starts from here and ends at the main gates of Costambar (35 pesos). They run about every 20 minutes. From the gates you can walk (20 minutes slow safe walking) or take a moto (50 peso) to Blackbeards.

As a previous poster writes, your problem will be getting back at night. I think the last JC publico leaves from Costambar gates around 8.00pm so later than that your only option is one of the outrageously expensive Costambar mafia taxis.

A better idea would be to meet "friends" at Field of Dreams which you can walk to and from safely through the grounds of Playa Dorada or they would lay on a lift back to your hotel at night.

Charlie Tuna

Dec 2, 2011
from the gates of playa dorada you can take guagua C. it will take you through the main street of POP and out of the city. you get off after you pass large texaco station and soon after, a small bridge. just tall the driver: entrada de costambar, por favor. current price for a ride is 25 pesos.

the only problem is that guagua stops not at the gate of costambar but at the beginning of the road leading there. it's about 10 minutes walk to get in, maybe longer, depending where your friend is located. at the corner where the guagua leaves you there should be few motoconchos waiting for the clients. again, say: costambar, por favor. once inside you can direct them to your friend's house and even arrange for them to pick you up and take you to the main road. just like with guagua the current price for a moto ride is 25 pesos. more if they are to take you from the road all the way to the beach.

at night your only option is a taxi. guaguas are far and between and almost no motos.

Thank you very much DV8, always a great contributor and helper on this site!

Charlie Tuna

Dec 2, 2011
Another way to get to Blackbeards is take any publico to the Hospital. Get off immediately before the Hospital and before the traffic lights (immediately opposite the Parada de Sosua on the other side of the main road). There is a scruffy open area to your right with a few food vendors, etc. The publico route JC starts from here and ends at the main gates of Costambar (35 pesos). They run about every 20 minutes. From the gates you can walk (20 minutes slow safe walking) or take a moto (50 peso) to Blackbeards.

As a previous poster writes, your problem will be getting back at night. I think the last JC publico leaves from Costambar gates around 8.00pm so later than that your only option is one of the outrageously expensive Costambar mafia taxis.

A better idea would be to meet "friends" at Field of Dreams which you can walk to and from safely through the grounds of Playa Dorada or they would lay on a lift back to your hotel at night.

Thank you London777