Flights to Havana, suggestions please

rubia1981

Jul 11, 2011
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for a short trip to Havana from the DR? Is it quite straightforward for a Dominican to travel there? I see that no visa is required (they pay a small fee on arrival I understand).

Also, does anyone know of any airlines that fly there? I see cubano airlines go there, but it is not cheap. The most convenient airport for us is SDQ.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Cubana Air flies direct, maybe you can get there for less but this would be the easiest way to go.

Go to one of the large travel agencies in SD. They always have deals with air and hotel included. This is your best bet.

As for a Dominican traveling there that is not a problem at all.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Cubana has direct flights from SDQ to Havana. Other airlines I believe require going from SDQ to Havana by way of Panama.

There are several recent threads on the subject with a lot of information. You best bet is to do a search for threads on Cuba in the archives.

Emely Tours in Santo Domingo specializes in travel to tours. http://www.emelytours.com.do/

They will give you a package that includes flight, hotel, fees, transport between hotel and airport.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Take a direct fligth SDQ to La Havana

Ticket only
Buy your ticket at the office of Cubana de Aviacion. They have offices at the Centro Commercial @ Plaza Tiradentes, on the first floor, almost in the armpit of the centro commercial.

They will also provide you with the adress of the Cuban consulate where you can arrange any and all visa requirements (a Tourist Card should be all you need if you are non-Dominican). A Dominican doesn't need a visa.

Below you can check the ticket prices and availability.
Cubana de Aviacin

Package
Go to any travel agency or search the web.