presidential change.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Today is a great day for Dominican Republic as the country will have the opportunity to see a new president, no matter he comes from the same political party in power there will always be new ideas and a new leader-man in government...

God bless DR for the democracy installed in our country 40 years ago.

Good luck for all of us and the new president Mr. Danilo Medina.

JJ

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I remember well when Leonel was elected eight years ago. So much hope, so much promise, young, smart and well educated, articulate and sophisticated. Education would be a priority, improving the energy systems, transparency and efficiency in governance. Forgive me if I am now sceptical and a tad more jaded. Nevertheless, I have great hopes for the RD and for the Dominican people, and I pray that President Medina succeeds.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Great day for us all

Today is a Great Day for The Dominican Republic, Dominican People, and for the world and all people. With a new leader, comes the promise of new progress, however success is rarely ever obtained for many by just one person. If we all lift the DR high, and help her and the Government officials, I sure DR will rise to the heights of her potential and claim her true destiny. This I hope, I believe, and I know to be true. God bless President Medina, God bless Dominican Republic, God bless each of you my people, and God bless The United States of America!!!:squareeye:D

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
If he can make headway in the area of improving the position of the poor in the entire country, he will be a success. There is that little mess called corruption that also needs to be tackled.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think we should be happy if he does a third of what he says and doesn't bankrupt the country in the process.

BTW, I don't believe in blindly supporting our politicians here but rather let them know they are at our disposal and also are on a short string.