SOSUA BEACH.......best eating spots on beach?

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Can anyone recommend good and reasonable food on Sosua beach? From what I understand, seems like these little places all have numbers??

Thanks in advance.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have not been there in a few years, but if they are still open, Leo's Banana had nice fresh fish near the Charamicos side.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Scandinavian Bar #152
Big D's Place # 109B
Would definitely agree with the above recommendations.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie

anpalmisl.gif

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
For an OK meal and a really great view of the whole beach, walk to the end of the beach, up the stairs and turn right. Three minutes takes you to Michael's Stone. As I say: a great view and a good persepctive of the Sosua beach. wbr

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For an OK meal and a really great view of the whole beach, walk to the end of the beach, up the stairs and turn right. Three minutes takes you to Michael's Stone. As I say: a great view and a good persepctive of the Sosua beach. wbr

I agree, but are they still open? Someone said they were closed.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Michael's Stone

I agree, but are they still open? Someone said they were closed.

Oh well that's been reported off and on for the last few years.

I was there in March; anything could have happened since then.

wbr

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I just tried to call the home phone of the owner. I had it on file. Number disconnected.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The bar next door is open, used to be called "Atlantico", cheap ice cold beer and same views of Sosua Bay.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Michael's Stone was open a few weeks ago when we ate there - slow service but really good food.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Young Seniors ,
You dont really define "Best" - it is quite complicated with restaurants and food. Do you mean the "cheapest that is edible" or do you have in mind "some quality stardard that you are prepared to pay a price for" or is it a location thing!
Me-again and SKY - Michael's Stone is still open and there was a good review of it in the Good Restaurant Guide in Sosua News - Sos?a-News - Restaurant Guide
If you want cheap try "The Empanda Lady" - 15RD$ for a topedoe - cheese or chicken. Hot sauce optional.
If you want to loose weight try the Beach Shrimp man about 4:00 pm in the afternoon. Not cheap but will guarantee you puck for the next five days and loose a lot of weight without spending a $

The ones meantioned are quite good ~152 and ~109B but it is beach food not fine dining!

Olly and the team

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You will NOT get sick from either of my recos + Tom has a clean locking bathroom @ Scandi. Bar.
Do not eat anywhere else on the beach, unless recommended by someone from here, you will get the trots!

Ari @ #67 "Chiringuito" has good food that he buys daily, tell him the day before if you want a fresh whole fish. He is a family guy and works hard, won't pad your bill.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Michaels

Restaurant Michael's Stone
J Arzenio
Los Charamicos Sos?a
Location Tel:
Mob: 8098043666

This is the phone from the review Oily posted. I cannot reach anyone on it. If it is open someone should answer. I really like this place, but when was that review?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
SKY - April 2011 but we have been there a few weeks ago ! Great!

Olly and the Team

isle?o

Aug 16, 2012
I liked Jack's close to the end of the beach. They have great fresh fish and most everything else on a normal menu. A great avocado salad. Not expensive. Clean bathroom and shower. Beautiful palm trees for shade or lounge chairs right on the sand. We went there 4 times in the week.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
SKY - April 2011 but we have been there a few weeks ago ! Great!

Olly and the Team

That was when they posted it, when was it written? Sosua News prints anything, anytime with no regard to its truth.. I hope you are right, but someone told me it was closed. Until someone posts that they have been there recently I would not bet either way.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Agree with the suggestions for Big D's (109).

Has the best barbecue on the North Coast (with respectful apologies to Rocky's). A little pricier than the competition, but he gives good discounts if you buy in volume. If I'm traveling with friends, we'll get a few racks and a couple of chickens.

Seriously, it's really good.