Buche y pluma, na' m?, buche y pluma, na' m? so says the song

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just read the list of Danilo's cabinet:

How sad can you be!!??? The basic corrupt officials stay in office. The brother of the Senate president into the Armed Forces,and the list goes on.. I just have to wonder how long Francisco Dominguez Brito will last as the Attorney General....

Speech was just a re-hash of his campaign promises, following the old adage "if the lie is big enough and you repeat it enough times, a significant part of the people will believe it."

I think I will just try to get rid of my property and hide...

HB

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I totally agree, very big disappointment for everybody who had hopes for changes...
This man just stepped into Leonel's footsteps!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
So, you got any recommendations on whom he should have appointed.

Yes, serious people! There are so many out there that this list would be too long, naming the person's who should not have been appointed again would be against the rules.
I think it's time to leave!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Time will tell. I think there is optimism out there. Normal for Dominicans to hope for the best.
I especially liked the appointment of former Minister of Public Health Bautista Rojas Gomez to the post of Minister of Environment. And the mention that WATER would have priority in environmental matters, when mentioning the Ministry of Energy and Mines!

May 12, 2005
I like Brito as Attorney General. But if he is as serious as he says about education he should have dumped Pimentel.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I just read the list of Danilo's cabinet:

How sad can you be!!??? The basic corrupt officials stay in office. The brother of the Senate president into the Armed Forces,and the list goes on.. I just have to wonder how long Francisco Dominguez Brito will last as the Attorney General....

Speech was just a re-hash of his campaign promises, following the old adage "if the lie is big enough and you repeat it enough times, a significant part of the people will believe it."

I think I will just try to get rid of my property and hide...

HB

Don't let the door slam behind you!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The Pimentel that carried out extensive work for the new educational model for the country? I don't think so!

Mywife,who is generally critical of the Education minister, agrees with keeping Pimental at Education. She has known her since 1977 and believes she is moving Dominican education in the correct direction. Some people, arestill grousing about losing the election.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I was just reading the the election was decided by less than 200,000 votes....what powers do the opposition have to help control the government in power as this was clearly won by a hair.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
As much as I don't like Mamaorama et al the internal happenings in the PRD are more than troublesome to say the least. This cause plenty of it's own people to jump ship. Of course both parties have their hoodlums but what was happening in the PRD was over the top, good grief.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Pichardo, when you come and live here and go through what we all do, then maybe you can be snide and say such a thing! You being such a successful man and all....

I did not say I was leaving, I said I was going to hide. Unless a pair of very successful men I know are out and out liars, at least two of those people on Medina's cabinet are thieves, corrupt, and should be and would be shot if there was a communist revolution.....One quote from that story: "Oh no, don't leave it here, take it over to M*****'s desk.....M being the bag man. And we are talking a 1.35 million bribe to get 2 permits that by law should have been RD$15,000 each. They are sleezy beyond words.

I can abide by Pimentel, I think she is trying and I know some of the people under her, too, but it is like swimming up river.

The others??? Well they are prime examples of Comesolismo!!! They would not help their own mother if she was not a party member...and that is what Bosch wanted: An elite party.....

HB

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Pichardo, when you come and live here and go through what we all do, then maybe you can be snide and say such a thing! You being such a successful man and all....

I did not say I was leaving, I said I was going to hide. Unless a pair of very successful men I know are out and out liars, at least two of those people on Medina's cabinet are thieves, corrupt, and should be and would be shot if there was a communist revolution.....One quote from that story: "Oh no, don't leave it here, take it over to M*****'s desk.....M being the bag man. And we are talking a 1.35 million bribe to get 2 permits that by law should have been RD$15,000 each. They are sleezy beyond words.

I can abide by Pimentel, I think she is trying and I know some of the people under her, too, but it is like swimming up river.

The others??? Well they are prime examples of Comesolismo!!! They would not help their own mother if she was not a party member...and that is what Bosch wanted: An elite party.....

HB

Send all evidence you have on these two to the Departamento de Prevencion contra la Corrupcion Administrativa (DPCA), They will make sure to bring charges on them if factual!

One thing is hearsay and quite the other facts with evidence to back them up!

All cases that were sent to the DPCA and found to have legit criminal grounds, were prosecuted and others are still being investigated until either the persons are cleared of something that can corroborate the facts found.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2012/8/15/44753/Anti-corruption-office-delivers-report

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...i-corruption-department-shelves-Bautista-file

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Send all evidence you have on these two to the Departamento de Prevencion contra la Corrupcion Administrativa (DPCA), They will make sure to bring charges on them if factual!

One thing is hearsay and quite the other facts with evidence to back them up!

All cases that were sent to the DPCA and found to have legit criminal grounds, were prosecuted and others are still being investigated until either the persons are cleared of something that can corroborate the facts found.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2012/8/15/44753/Anti-corruption-office-delivers-report

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...i-corruption-department-shelves-Bautista-file
Are you seriously submitting the second link as an example of the DPCA's effectiveness and credibility, or was that an unfortunate slip of the mouse? The only thing it proves is that the two people HB mentioned will be fine as long as they're the president's buddies.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Are you seriously submitting the second link as an example of the DPCA's effectiveness and credibility, or was that an unfortunate slip of the mouse? The only thing it proves is that the two people HB mentioned will be fine as long as they're the president's buddies.

You understand what filing away "shelving" a corruption claims case is, right?