dengue fever

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I happen to find this on the internet and though that it should be shared. I read this on one web site than done a search and found many hits. Papaya juice cure for dengue fever. It seem that papaya increases the platelet count in the blood. It is the juice of the leaves of the plant.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dengue is just like a bad case of flu. the most important thing is hydration. can be papaya juice but coconut water is much better. plus paracetamol (acetaminophen) for fever.
i have never heard of papaya being particularly good for dengue.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
I would rather have flu anyday than dengue -I have had one strain of the virus and it was baaaad. my temp down to 97 then up to 105.8 then down to 98 then up to 104, jeez and i couldnt look at ANY lights for a week. not even my ipod screen, needed shades on all the time and couldnt go outside in the daytime...ouch.
I popped a few pills that week.......

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
It's blender juice of guayaba (guava) and red bell peppers. It really does raise your platelet count if it's low. I used it last time I had dengue and it worked — drank nearly a gallon. Kevinsmith01 is right. Especially if it's hemorrhagic dengue, which you may not know until too late to intervene, so get to a doctor who understands it. Don't self-treat.

See pages 2-7 of http://www.thornlesspath.com/parasites.pdf.