Orange service

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Initially I thought I had a problem with my phone, but then my wife started having problems with hers. The service we have been getting from Orange lately has been crap. Less than 10% call success rate. But it's only confined to where we live, just outside Cabarete. Everywhere else our phones work fine.

At home we get between two and four bars of signal strength, but calls rarely connect. When they do, people can't hear us. They say we sound garbled or intermittent, but we can hear them perfectly. Once connected, the call will drop for no reason.

I don't know much about cellular transmissions, but could we have a problem caused by two conflicting towers?

Can Orange fix it? And if so, who would be the right person to report it to?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Beeza,
We have the same problem a little further towards Sosua. When in Sosua or Cabarete it is fine. I have even had the microphone changed in the phone twicw but still no different here.
I think it must be a local tower problem but dont know what.

Olly and the team

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Sometimes Orange's signal is easily affected by concrete rebar structures especially if the structure is in a spot lower than surrounding areas.

In other words, get a Claro phone/sim cause you're S.O.L.!

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I was living in kite beach for a year and Claro did not work 4 me switched to orange no problem GO FIGURE !!!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I went to the Orange customer service centre in POP yesterday. Cost me a 45 minute wait but I was eventually seen.

Explained the situation and was even able to demonstrate as my wife was at home so I called her then passed my phone to the customer service clerk and told her to try and have a conversation.

So the report has been filed and I've been given a fault reference number. Let's see what happens.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Beeza,
It improved a bit which may mean it is intermitent but it has gone back to the same problem just now.

Olly