Anybody smoke cuban cohibas here?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I have two boxes of 25 Cuban COHIBAS brought by air from Cuba ,plus a smaller Black box of 10 Magicos, Maduro5. IF ANYONE WANTS them for a good price PM . THX

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would suggest that you wrap the boxes in at least two plastic bags, tape them and put them into the freezer of your refrigerator for 3 days, then move them into the lower part of the fridge for another two day and then take them out. Cuban cigars are famous for carrying tobacco beetles!!! and Freezing them is the safest and easiest kill.

Next, I would love to see the boxes, cause I do enjoy those ceegars!!

Send me a PM, please??

HB

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
It's been some years, so this may no longer be true.
Cohibas used to be made in the DR with the right wrappers, the hologram on the box and so on.
Some people called them "pirate Cohibas", etc.

The truth then was that Fidel's Cuba couldn't satisfy the demand (what a surprise), and that a good fraction of the production came from the DR who could produce quality cheaper, and that the product "leaked" into the local market as well.
Canadian and European friends bought boxes here to take home. Dunno how it is today, but I sure wouldn't pay the tariff to get the communist product, stems and all . . .

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It is now common practice to sell "Fake Cubanos",even in Cuba.
Thanks to "Fidel" the Cuban cigar industry is but a shadow of it's formal self.
Dominican and "Central American" cigars are now better than any "Supposed" Cubano, at about 1/10th. the cost.
Last REAL Cubano I ever smoked was at "Hillbilly's" house,about 18 years ago!
"Thanks" HB!
I did smoke a few "Cubanos" in Habana 15 years ago.
I know they were "Real" cause I watched the guy roll them.
Brought a hundred back with me.
Paid $2 US for them.
I have about 1,000 cigars in my house in SD right now,all bought from the USA,mostly Cigarbid.com.
And, about 300 more packed is shipping boxes I sent from Boston,should arrive next week.
Drop by and we can "Herf" a few.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Just had a friend arrive from Havana with two boxes of Cohibas, yummy. I'm the proud recipient of one box.