Empty 5 Gallon Plastic Cans/Buckets??? South Coast/Santo Domingo/San Cristobal

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mr. AE wants to buy lots of empty [used] 5 gallon buckets, okay if they had paint in them before, as long as they're rinsed out and fairly clean. He wants to try them out to plant some vegetables and herbs [we do that in NJ with tomatoes, basil, etc. and it works great]

If anyone has any to sell or give away on the south coast, please drop me a PM. Thanks!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Are you using them for a roof? I need many for my roof in Santiago, if anyone has them in my area, I want to buy them too!

Mr. AE wants to buy lots of empty [used] 5 gallon buckets, okay if they had paint in them before, as long as they're rinsed out and fairly clean. He wants to try them out to plant some vegetables and herbs [we do that in NJ with tomatoes, basil, etc. and it works great]

If anyone has any to sell or give away on the south coast, please drop me a PM. Thanks!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Call a drywall/painting contractor. They'll hook you up.

Are you kidding, the painters in DR we've had try to take ours, haha. I swear, we bought about 10 5-gallon buckets of paint last trip, and hired a painter. He tried to take the buckets!

And to my knowledge, not many drywall contractors in DR.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Are you using them for a roof? I need many for my roof in Santiago, if anyone has them in my area, I want to buy them too!

We use them on a roof here in NJ - we're on a barrier island near the ocean, which translates into smaller lots with big houses, so little land.

Here are some photos of our little garden, the close up is the top of our garage roof. Our fig tree is so full of huge figs this year.

We want to plant tomatoes the same way in DR. I also want to plant oregano and basil too - oregano takes over everything if it's not in a pot.

Click thumbnail to enlarge the images

GEDC0710.jpgGEDC0711.jpgGEDC0709.jpg

Dec 26, 2011
Are you kidding, the painters in DR we've had try to take ours, haha. I swear, we bought about 10 5-gallon buckets of paint last trip, and hired a painter. He tried to take the buckets!

And to my knowledge, not many drywall contractors in DR.

I appreciate that there aren't many drywall contractors in DR. But just one willing to part with some of the many buckets they go through would help you accomplish what you're writing about. Good luck.