Can I renew my Permanent-Residency at a different city this time ?

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
I always renew my Permanent-Residency at Migracion in Santo-Domingo, the same place I started all my previous residencies, so I guess my original file is there too.

I was wondering if I could renew my Permanent-Residency at a different location than Santo-Domingo, like maybe in Santiago, or would they just send me back to Migracion in Santo-Domingo as that's where I always renew it ?

Also, what other cities in the Dominican-Republic have Migracion, and if someone could provide the address of Migracion in any other city that's not Santo-Domingo.

Thanks.
---------------

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is possible to renew at Migracion in Santiago if Migracion in Santo Domingo has not lost your records as they did for some people. There is a thread already regarding Migracion in Santiago, how to get there, etc.

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
It is possible to renew at Migracion in Santiago if Migracion in Santo Domingo has not lost your records as they did for some people.QUOTE]

If I find out that they lost my records, then wouldn't they have also lost my records at the head office in Santo-Domingo, so that it would not matter which city I go to renew it, as I would be a non existant.

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
Still hoping to get this answered:

What other cities in the Dominican-Republic have Migracion, and if someone could provide the address of Migracion in any other city that's not Santo-Domingo ?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Santiago.... addressa s/b on the website.

Search it here - they send the applic to SD - takes some wait time. If I recall hearing correctly

SD is in/out pronto.... and you're right, thats where the records are.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Address of Santiago office on the Migracion website under Contact us.

http://www.migracion.gov.do/contactos.html

They have also recently opened an office in Bavaro I think, but I don't know where or if it is fully operational.

Many people have renewed residency in Santiago, depending on when you last renewed in the capital and if an up to date photo and/or fingerprints are on file. As mentioned there are plenty of recent threads on this. Only downside for Santiago is that you will have to return to pick up your residency when it is ready.

Matilda