8/25-9/2 Puerta Plata, Santiago, etc.

Michelle Clayton

Jul 10, 2012
I'll be staying in the Confresi Palm Lifestyles resort in Puerta Plata. I'm leaving 8/25 & will be staying the night at friend's house close to STI. Then, we'll head to Confresi Palm until 9/2 as our base. I went there at the end of May & really enjoyed it, and made lots of great friends. Hence my repeat trip with local friends this time. They really want to show me around, so we will also visit Santiago, their hometown campo of San Jose Afuera (bit south of Santiago), Sosua, lots of their favorite clubs around, etc.

Curious if anyone will be around those areas. They are the ones really planning the schedule, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask & possibly make some more friends, meet expats, or more locals.

Michelle Clayton

Jul 10, 2012
LOL. Shouldn't be bad. The resort is AI & already covered. For the other stuff, they are treating me as their guest, and we don't plan on doing anything really pricey anyways. Mostly visiting family, beaches, and clubs from my understanding. I've actually been "dating" one of them, and so this is more of a getting to spend quality time & getting to know the family type of trip. Phone and Facebook can only take you so far. I've been looking forward to it all summer! They are great people.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
You were here in the end of May and you're already coming back......be careful with your money and selection of friends!!! In the DR there is no compassion when it comes to spending the foreigner's or ex-pat's hard earned income.