little league world series

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I've been watching these kids all week, they're fantastic, great skills. But why doesn't the DR or Cuba have teams????????

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I've been watching these kids all week, they're fantastic, great skills. But why doesn't the DR or Cuba have teams????????
I saw the game last night Japan vs Chinese Taipei very good game. You know the reason why Cuba can't participate, but the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico I do not know why. Last year Aruba represented the Caribbean and they were not very good. Panama is really good I like their pitching, but Japan and Chinese Taipei are the BEST!!!

Last edited:

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
The teams from outside of the US have to qualify for their region. These regions are very large and have a lot of countries but only one team for each region may advance. The Caribbean region was represented by the Curacao team for this year. My son played in the regional qualifier for the MEA (Middle East Africa) region last year in Poland, one of the best experiences our family has shared together.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I know what you mean, not seeing the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico,or Venezuela does not seem right. Watching Canada, Mexico and Uganda playing in a World Series tournament over the countries above I listed above is not cool, but I am very happy for the team from Uganda.

The way it is set up Canada will always make the tournament, and I know for a fact that Canadians are not better baseball players then Dominicans at that age.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I believe part of that is because of the number of players in the Canadian little league system is so large compared to smaller countries in the Caribbean.

As for Uganda it is amazing how all the time the announcers and other media were crying about them not getting to play last year that they never mention it is because Uganda lied and cheated about the ages of their players. It was not because of issues with US government over visas except for the fact that the parents gave the correct ages for the kids when applying for visas so the team got caught in their lies and since there are age limits for participation the kids didn't qualify for visas.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Right Mexico also by the size and numbers, but NOT ever seeing Cuban boys in this tournament is WRONG!!! I would love to see Cuba vs Japan.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
That would be a very good match up indeed. The regional qualifying tourneys are amazing so Williamport would be even better. My son did at least represent the DR last year on his team in Poland since he has a DR passport as well as his American passport and he tells people he is Dominican when they ask where he is from......:)