Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default That little blue light in your instrument cluster

Is it me, or are more and more people driving at night with their headlights on main beam all of the time?

Maybe it's more noticeable since the advent of these cheap Chinese HID lamp conversions. Every Tom, Dick, Harry and Papi has them now.

What can be done to educate these selfish arseholes that are intent on blinding all and sundry when it's dark?

I drove back from Santiago to Cabarete tonight and I reckon more than 50% would not dip their headlights. If you give them a courtesy flash, they just dip their lights, then put them back up again!

It makes you just want brighter and brighter headlights yourself so you can give them a taste of their own medicine. Sometimes I've thought about mounting a pair of aircraft landing lights on the front of my car! Now that would give them an instant sunburn!

But seriously, it is making night driving quite dangerous these days.

2. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Limit your night driving because it will not change. Unfortunately.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that will help you are the Aircraft landing lights mounted in the front of your car. Now you know what to look after next time you are on Ebay or an Army surplus store.

Yeees you must also place a boobytrap on them because someone will try to steal them from you at the end.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy brighter lights or a cluster of laser pointer pens and blind them.

You will not change the mentality here, so don't waste your time trying.

6. Likes beeza liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus_Rattus View Post
    The only thing that will help you are the Aircraft landing lights mounted in the front of your car. Now you know what to look after next time you are on Ebay or an Army surplus store.

Yeees you must also place a boobytrap on them because someone will try to steal them from you at the end.
    I have them at work. They are spare sealed beam units for a Boeing 767. Halogen 500W at 24v. I would have to rig up an extra battery and some heavy duty wiring, but they would be easy to fit. They can illuminate a runway from 10 miles away, so imagine what they could do if attached to a car!

I like the laser idea too!

Unfortunately night driving is a necessity for me, and I am getting fed up with it.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I will gladly buy them of you....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    I have them at work. They are spare sealed beam units for a Boeing 767. Halogen 500W at 24v. I would have to rig up an extra battery and some heavy duty wiring, but they would be easy to fit. They can illuminate a runway from 10 miles away, so imagine what they could do if attached to a car!

I like the laser idea too!

Unfortunately night driving is a necessity for me, and I am getting fed up with it.
    the problem is that you blind them, then they lose their equilibrium and plow into you. learn to live with it. Dominicans do not dip their high beam.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cars in DR drive with their high beams on, and motorcycles don't have lights, only in DR.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel you. At least in Punta Cana we've got a lot of foreigners driving around so when you flash your lights at them they usually dip them but then you've always got a jerk with really strong lights that flashes at you, dips them then blinds you just as you pass.

Post Thanks / Like

A fatal combination is when you're being blinded by one moron in an oncoming vehicle before you spot another moron driving a motorbike or vehicle without rear lights in front of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast