Best Place For Cigars In Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've been asked to bring cigars when I go to the US for a visit in September. Where is the best source of fresh cigars? Is it the shop near Britannia, or is there a better place?

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
The only place to buy cigars in Sosua is Cafe Cubano. Brian, the new owner has years of experience in the cigar business and you will never get a counterfeit cigar in his place. He is a stand up guy and will make sure you get what you want and not neccesarily the most expensive cigar in his store.

I send everyone looking for cigars to Brian and Cafe Cubano.

Take care,

Rick

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You are in good hands with Brian @ Cafe Cubano, stand-up guy and won't sell you garbage.
If you know what you are looking for Super-Super also sells the real McCoy.

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
Ok...this is interesting. I always thought Super Super was the best so this is news to me.

...and my worst fear about when buying cigarrs in general is not that they are counterfeit (cause that I can normally see) but that they have not been stored correctly until the point of sale...which is harder to check...

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
First choice: Cafe Cubano
Second chioce: Cafe Cubano
Third choice: Cafe Cubano.............

Bob K

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
There are actually two good locations:

1. For Dominican medium quality in bulk - Super Super is still very good. You must know what you want and they have a more limited selection at good prices.

2. For a good selection, nice ambiance and good quality - Cafe Cubano. Brian has a large selection and can advise you as to what would suit you best.