Property rental sites?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Are there any other large websites for rentals besides supercasas for Santiago and Santo Domingo?I have come across a couple but with only a few listings.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Are there any other large websites for rentals besides supercasas for Santiago and Santo Domingo?I have come across a couple but with only a few listings.

Listin Diario has the most listings for Santo Domingo but you have to know which neighborhoods you are interested in. And a VERY small percentage of the available rentals make it on to the market since there are no exclusive listings here. An agent only gets a month's rent for comission on rentals and why should she advertise it if the owner can rent it out through someone else while she is paying for the ad.

The best and really in the long run, only way to find a great apartment is to pound the streets in the neighborhood which you have chosen. First I chose the neighborhood and got a small apartment here and then moved when I found a better one.

There are agencies which specialize in relocation which can find you apartments but they do not ususally bother with any apartments under one thousand dollars a month.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
great links.. interesting to me that Dominicans always seem to put the headboard of the bed up against a window which one hardly ever sees in the States./. at least I cannot remember ever seeing. We seem to put the bed so that we can look out of the window. Anyway, I am always depressed when I look at the furnished rentals since they all seem so cluttered and dark with heavy furniture.. from the 16th century!

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
I have a map of the city of Santiago. Could someone please tell me the names of some decent areas to start my apartment search. Im willing to pay up to $600 per month. Im moving to DR this month. Thank you

Jax