UPS question

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have two UPS back ups and have always made sure that main desktop computer power cable is plugged into one of the black sockets.

Suddenly, whichever of the two UPS's I plug into, my computer dies as the UPS goes off on the changeover from street power to inverter battery power. I have to turn the UPS off then back on and all is fine again. This does not occur when it switches back from battery power to street power.

I am totally confused - help and advice anyone please?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
That is why I changed the plug into the alternative UPS but it happened with that one too - can't believe both UPS's have the similar problem at exactly the same time...

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
HUmm, I have UPS and that doesn't happen. Is it possible you have too many loads connected to the UPS? Maybe monitor, PC, printer could be causing a slight overload on the UPS? Try just connecting the PC.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Faster Transfer Time

If the inverter is a TRACE/Xantrex model:
Set your 'ODP' knob to (MAX).

donP

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Some UPS have switched and non-switched outlets...they would be labled as such. the non-switched outlets are pass-through and don't use the battery...just a way to get more plugs into the outlet. You may want to check for that?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Some UPS have switched and non-switched outlets...they would be labled as such. the non-switched outlets are pass-through and don't use the battery...just a way to get more plugs into the outlet. You may want to check for that?
I'd check ^^^this^^^...