Danilo to announce extraordinary measures

donP

Dec 14, 2008
DM + Potemkin

Curious what's coming....

"importante es poca cosa, ya ver?n ustedes ma?ana, va a ser algo trascendental, ?nico en la historia pol?tica dominicana, lo que va a anunciar el presidente Medina"

Must be that DM makes PICHARDO his chief photographer... :cheeky:

donP

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
"importante es poca cosa, ya ver?n ustedes ma?ana, va a ser algo trascendental, ?nico en la historia pol?tica dominicana, lo que va a anunciar el presidente Medina"

Must be that DM makes PICHARDO his chief photographer... :cheeky:

donP

Correction: Must be that DM makes PICHARDO his chief "Photo poster"... :cheeky:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Huh, you mean, he does not even own a camara or know how to shoot pictures? :rolleyes:

donP

While PICHARDO may know how to take pictures, I will venture to say that virtually all of the ones he posts to DR1 are not taken by him. They are taken by those who wish to promote various aspects of the DR such as the METRO and empty Shopping Malls. The Propaganda Division, shall we say, sends these photos to PICHARDO and he posts them on DR1 along with government plans for smart guns and/or gun control, cashless society, expelling bad immigrants, the dramatic progress in the failed drug war with Super Tucanos, new highways, Tower Condo buildings, and not to forget the METRO and one too many shopping malls. All of that mixed in with some good information that only he is allowed to post on DR1 by some higher DR power.

PICHARDO, ironically, does not even live in the DR. Please correct me if I am wrong.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Ghostwriter and Pic Poster

While PICHARDO may know how to take pictures, I will venture to say that virtually all of the ones he posts to DR1 are not taken by him. They are taken by those who wish to promote various aspects of the DR such as the METRO and empty Shopping Malls. The Propaganda Division, shall we say, sends these photos to PICHARDO and he posts them on DR1 along with government plans for smart guns and/or gun control, cashless society, expelling bad immigrants, the dramatic progress in the failed drug war with Super Tucanos, new highways, Tower Condo buildings, and not to forget the METRO and one too many shopping malls. All of that mixed in with some good information that only he is allowed to post on DR1 by some higher DR power.

Very interesting.
I think he'll respond in his usual way. :tired:
Now, however, he may still be working to add some last promises to DM's speech this morning.... :laugh:

donP

principe

Nov 19, 2002
So, at the end of the day, the announcements were a big deal after all, no? Can someone here at least acknowledge their initial view was incorrect?

Oh wait, no, that's not how it work. 'Putting on telepathic memory hat'.............'incoming feed'

"But let's see how long this is going to last before commending anything done by the Dominican Government"....."He is only starting so it will probably only be short term and not indicative of what the administration is really going to be like"

Bologne. Eat your words.

Cheers,

Principe

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
You should remember that with the change of administration Pichardo/Picharda may be out of favour!!

Olly and the Team

principe

Nov 19, 2002
I dont' know Pichardo personally, but i do try to keep an objective and centered perspective on things.

Thus, my forecast is negative remarks despite positive developments. I don't mind being wrong either so no biggie.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Actually DM can't do it well, if he says he will remove credit cards, yew petals and clientelism everybody says he / they won't enforce it, should he have said better that all officials were going to keep their privileges? Gotta give the guy a break, he seems an honest man to me with good intentions and it seems also with the courage to take difficult decisions, even though I understood Leonel started like that back in 1996. Power corrupts unfortunately

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Danilo's Planet

Actually DM (...) he seems an honest man to me with good intentions and it seems also with the courage to take difficult decisions (...)

Just as I see it.
You know, I really like Danilo, his innocent look and blue eyes (he does have blue eyes, does he not?)... :bunny:

Now, that I have read his 'historical' announcements I have second thoughts, though.
Taking away the jeepetas from the corrupt functionarios and generals and their free to spend 'tarjetas'??? :laugh:

As said, I do like this guy but I can't help but imagining the picture - please forgive me PICHARDO - with do?a Margarita telling him how to tie his shoelaces and what to do tomorrow... :rolleyes:

donP

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"Danilo" is just a "Place Holder" for "Leonel's return,or "Margarita's run in a few years.
CC

you are so right, Mr Colon. this is just an interim government, keeping LF's throne warm, until he returns in 2016. Maria will give Danilo his orders, and make sure he does not suffer from the delusion that he is really the President of the DR.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
A President in the Making

... Maria will give Danilo his orders, and make sure he does not suffer from the delusion that he is really the President of the DR.

Psssssst, .... when he looked at himself in the mirror this morning he did really like what he saw. :bunny:

Self-esteem went up by two points. ;)

So, please don't tell him the truth.

donP

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Danilo is a place holder in many people's minds, but his fate is in his own hand. If he takes bold measures and governs as if this is his last shot and actually fixes some long time ills such as electricity problem he may end up surprising everyone and I think his popularity may go through the roof, preventing Leonel from running again in 2016. If on the other hand he just tows the party line (which I suspect he will...he's a life long PLD guy after all) then its bye bye for him in 2016...unless Leonel gets his long desired international (OAS, UN, etc) post.